Triggering a windows shell command

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

fearless

Triggering a windows shell command

Post by fearless »

Hi-
In the Light o Rama software, I'm able to execute a windows 10 shell command at the beginning of the sequence to start a cue in the Beyond 3.0 laser software that I have running concurrently. Is it possible to execute a similar command script in Madrix? I need to synchronize the programs to prevent the audio from echoing between the two pieces of software.
Thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Triggering a windows shell command

Post by Guertler »

Hello fearless,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
It is possible to control MADRIX remotely via Art-Net, sACN, DMX, MIDI, HTTP request. So when the "master software" sends one of this signals, you can trigger MADRIX.
Furthermore with the help of the MADRIX script and macro language it is possible to read from an external text file and use this information to control it remotely.
But it is not possible to use a Windows Shell Command to trigger it.
fearless

Post by fearless »

Thanks for the reply. Most programs like Beyond 3.0 will send out a DMX message to trigger Madrix. You just have to figure out who is the master program and who is the slave.
berrabing

Post by berrabing »

fearless wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 pm Thanks for the reply. Most programs like Beyond 3.0 will send out a DMX message to trigger Madrix. You just stil have to figure out who is the master program and who is the slave.
Thank you for the help fearless!