Which LED stripes can I control with MADRIX?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Chestal

Which LED stripes can I control with MADRIX?

Post by Chestal »

Dear community,
as I'm not so much versed in LED technique yet, I'd like to ask you which kind of LED stripes I can use with MADRIX. I want to control every pixel of this stripe.

I know that there are stripes with many IC's that support a separate pixel control, for example this one:
http://www.amazon.com/16-4ft-Dreamy-Col ... B00HNL8A74

Could I use this one with e.g. the MADRIX Neo Interface?

I'm looking forward to reading your answers! :wink:

Kind regards,
Christian
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Which LED stripes can I control with MADRIX?

Post by Guertler »

Hello Chestal,
MADRIX supports the follwing industry-wide protocols and standards: DMX512, Art-Net, sACN/E1.31, KiNET, DVI, T9, 5A, Insta/ROBE.
The LED Pixels Stripes are often use other protocols for controlling the pixels. But there are different kinds of converters on the market which converts the industry-wide protocols (like DMX or Art-Net) to a desired protocol of the LED Stripes.
When you want to control a LED strip with MADRIX the converter and the LED Stripe should be able to control every pixel individually.
Regarding the posted link: I don't think that you can control this LED Stripe with MADRIX because there is no description that you have a possibility to control the LED strip without the included remote control.
Chestal

Post by Chestal »

Hello Guertler,
thanks for your response!

Yes I know there are stripes with many IC's so that I can for example set a colour chase through the remote control.

Which type of led stripe that works with a MADRIX Neo or Plexus interface could you recommend to me?

Kind regards,
Christian
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Chestal,
you need a controler for your led strips which speaks one of the protocols Mr. Guertler mentioned to.
In case of the NEO it have to be DMX.
In case of the PLEXUS it have to be DMX or Art-Net.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

Chestal
There are many various types of such ICes, that are placed on the LED stripe near each one (or two and rarely three) RGB pixel. They use various protocols, but in general all of them are called "SPI" (with IC's name addition). So by means of "DMX to SPI" search request (on Amazon, for example), you can find some hardware devices. Obviously, such a converter must be compatible with specific LED stripe. May be, it is a good idea to buy converter(s) and stripes from one supplier, which should guarantee compatibility among them.