Madrix With Grand Master 2 on PC

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Abhi

Madrix With Grand Master 2 on PC

Post by Abhi »

Hello
I have madrix 3 running on win7 and 3 Luna 8, Madrix PC only have one internet port which is connected to Luna box , I am trying to control Madrix with MA2, with only one port on Madrix PC is there any way I can use Ethernet port switch (TP Link) for artnet from MA2 and to LUna 8 from Madrix PC

Sorry about my English :P

Thanks
Abhi
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix With Grand Master 2 on PC

Post by Guertler »

Hello Abhi,

Of course you can use the same network card to send and receive Art-Net data with MADRIX. All Art-Net nodes, the MADRIX PC and the grandMA on PC must be connected to a switch and all devices must work in the same IP address range.

Under the following link you will find a tutorial how you can setup an Art-Net remote with MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/index.html

If you don't want to use CITP to transfere the thumbnails to the console, you can jump over step 2.
When you are looking through the tutorial, it is important that you set the correct IP address of the sender (your console) in the Art-Net Device Configuration dialog like explained in step 6.
Furthermore it is important to change the receiving universe of the Art-Net Remote if you are not sending the data for MADRIX at universe 1. You can change this settings also in the Art-Net Device Configuration dialog at "Universe Port Out".