Visual Quality.

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

daniel.kirby

Visual Quality.

Post by daniel.kirby »

Hello there,

I've got a Botex X-Panel setup in a club, it all works fine 80x45 pixels... My only problem is that the client is saying MADRIX's quality in visuals are alot worse than Arkaos.

Basically we switched over from Arkaos to MADRIX because of the S2L Feature, Unfortunately when i imported some of the clubs visuals they complained that the quality of their graphics are alot worse then what Arkaos can do.

I agree with them on the level seeing Arkaos and MADRIX up against eachother files played through Arkaos do look alot more sharper than they do in MADRIX i'm not sure if this is because madrix you have to open it via the "SCE Video" part. I have a visual from the club and it is uploaded to youtube i am going to link this page HERE... Before you look at the file please note that on this file there is like a shade or "break-off" of graphic around the outside of the image itself.. In Arkaos there is no break-off it is a very clean visual. Please tell me your thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Kirby.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Re: Visual Quality.

Post by Pinzer »

Hi Daniel,

it wouldt be very helpfull, when you could send us the video file which is shown in the youtube video. So we can better see what happens.

regards,
Sebastian Pinzer
daniel.kirby

Re: Visual Quality.

Post by daniel.kirby »

Hi Pinzer,

They have uploaded a file, it is still not the right one, and we have asked to get the right file sent to us again, but this is the file we have to work with for now.

You can get it from here.

A colleague of mine has made some new video files himself to test on the screen and they don't get that bleeding effect around the edges unless they are put through file converters, i.e. .MOV (quicktime) to .WMV, then when the converted file type is played on the screen there is bleeding around the edges.
It looks very much like a file quality issue, where our customer has tried to either make the file as small as possible, or when it was created (in an unknown programme), created in the fastest time and not the best quality options?.

Kind regards,
Daniel Kirby