White pulse with !generic RGB Fixture

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Manning

White pulse with !generic RGB Fixture

Post by Manning »

Hi,

I am pulsing a !generic RGB light 1 pixel fixture with white using Madrix 2.12 using a SCE pulse patch. While my fixture is pulsing white, it also periodically pulses red, blue or green randomly and quickly.

Is there a known bug? Or could it be something wrong with the hardware? The fixture is receiving data wireless through an xbee pro.

Thanks,

Mike
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: White pulse with !generic RGB Fixture

Post by Wissmann »

So far we know the SCE Pulse Effect has no Bug.
It sounds like DMX issues either on you DMX Interface or on your LED hardware.
What kind of DMX Interface you use with MADRIX, what is the refresh rate?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Manning

Post by Manning »

We are using an entec DMX pro USB that goes into a custom made wireless DMX transmitter based on an arduino.

Apparently the wireless transmitter waits to receive full DMX messages before its sent out to the LEDs.

Nonetheless, you are saying that its a problem on our end?

What should the refresh rate be?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

The Frames MADRIX generate are to 100% of the color you have setup.
So i think the issue is because of hardware not of the software.
So far i know the refresh rate of the Enttec Pro interface is fix in MADRIX, so you unfortunately have not the possibility to check out different refresh rates.
However the Enttec has a own buffer sending the data, if your wireless interface makes the same (on sending or receiving side?) maybe you LED fixtures are not abel to handle the refresh rate.
This is no joke, some fixtures we know are not able a refresh rate above 25 frames.
But this is only one possibility.
If you have the possibility to use a DMX interface for MADRIX from a different Manufactorer i would recommend to do this and to play arround with different refresh rates.
Of cource also the wireless transmitter can be the reason for the issue, but because you sayed it is custom made i have no idea about it ;-)
Manning

Post by Manning »

The is based on fixture running off an arduino 328 @ 20 mhz. Sounds like a refresh rate problem?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Sorry i can not figure out your hardware issues. I only can tell you it is not produced by the MADRIX software.