Madrix connect to 12V digital led strip

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Gronka

Madrix connect to 12V digital led strip

Post by Gronka »

Hi,
I want to connect madrix directly to digital led strip 1803 12V (3x 5m length) through XLR conector -> female/male 5-pin reduction -> to the madrix -> to USB on PC?

I haven't ART-net driver, no dimmers, etc.. Just 2x Madrix NEO (512 adress) (2.14), digital led strip, cables, 12v adapters.

I saw connection to digital led strip with 5V adapter, bud I'm afraid that madrix could be damaged.

My questions:
1) It's possible this connection?

2) I have 15m (60 LEDs/1m) = 900 LEDs (1 rectangle in patch list = 3 LEDs on my Led strip => 300 LEDs on my 15m strip at all)

a) Can I use only 1 universe/1x madrix NEO (512 adress)

b) or I must to use 2x universe/2x madrix NEO

I hope that you understand my questions :-)

PS: I realy realy need answer today to 13:00 so I hope that you will read it as soon as posible :-)

Thank You very much.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix connect to 12V digital led strip

Post by Guertler »

Hello Gronka,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

It is not possible to connect LED strips with TM 1803 LED chips directly to the MADRIX NEO.
When you want to connect your desired LED strips to the MADRIX NEO you also need a "DMX SPI decoder". This decoder will also supply your LEDs with power.
When you want to control 300 LEDs you will need the two NEOs because 300 LEDs x 3 DMX channels per LED (for red, green and blue) = 900 DMX channels. One NEO can control up to 512 DMX channels (1 DMX universe).