NEO disconnecting

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rodericwilson

NEO disconnecting

Post by rodericwilson »

Hi
this is probably a hardware problem but there is no NEO section so i'm posting it here .
1 of my NEOS spontaneously disconnects from the software.

i have 4 NEOs for my installation .
almost everytime i use the installation the universe run by each neo changes and each usb cable i have too changes which neo it is plugged into .

it's always the same NEo #151 that disconnects and needs a rescan for devices no matter which of the 4 led universe circuits it is running .

so i deduce it must be a hardware issue .
the first time it happened was after i updated my installation from 2 to 4 universes ( 288 rgb led s to now 576 rgb leds )
that evening of 8 hours it happened about 10 times .

last time i used it it happened twice in about 5- 6 hours .

i dont know if it is related but the LEd indicator on my neo#151 hasnt worked for a long time but i never got round to sending it back for repair although i never had this problem until recently .
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: NEO disconnecting

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

You are using MADRIX 2, is that correct?
It would help to have a Logfile of an evening when it has happened if that is possible.

I can't rule out a hardware defect right now, but it could be the USB power management of Windows.

Can you please check the settings? You can learn here how to do so: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... ement.html

Thank you!

[P.S., This topic was moved to this part of the forum.]
rodericwilson

Post by rodericwilson »

yes madrix 2

i will save a log file next time i use my install if it happens .

is there a scripting way to check which usb devices are enabled and then rescan if not ?

would be useful because i set up the installation at an event and it needs to run all night without me being there .
i have had it previously running for 4 days without any probems .
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Such a Scripting way does not exist. We will check the Logfile when we have it!

Did something change in your setup recently?
And are you trying it with MADRIX 2.14f? There was a change that should prevent such a device loss: MADRIX NEO/MADRIX USBone - MADRIX now performs an automatic rescan if devices are lost and not found again within 5 seconds.

Thank you.
rodericwilson

Post by rodericwilson »

hi thanks for your reply .

i was not using 2.14f but 2.14c i think .
i have now updated to 2.14f .
thanks to your reply i also noticed that under power settings the USB suspend settings were enable which i have now disabled .-although this was never a problem before when i was just using 2 universes /neos.

the only set up changes -my matrix is now 48 x 12 instead of 24 x 12 .
using 2 more universes
and the patching has changed for the bigger matrix .

i'm using the same effects i made from before and only really change some words in the ticker effects for the clients on each event .

i suppose with the updated Madrix that checks for device loss and reconnects will mean that there is a good chance i wont know if it has happened unless i happen to be present at the time.- what do i look for in the logfile to know that the disconnection has happened during the event and therefore worth sending to you ?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

You are welcome!

I am positive that it won't happen again thanks to the update and the USB power savings changes.

However, in the logfile you can filter for DMX. I think there you would find an entry when a device was lost.

Have a great weekend!
rodericwilson

Post by rodericwilson »

Seems to work fine now

Thanks.....