NDI streaming issues

tech108

NDI streaming issues

Post by tech108 »

Let me first start out by saying, thank you for implementing NDI network streaming. This opens up a lot of possibilities for our setup. We run both Madrix and Resolume and being able to get them both to send streams to each other is a game changer. Being able to generate content in Madrix, stream it to Resolume, and then map it across both our video mesh and our pixels is pretty slick.

I've been able to get everything set up and working how I like however I'm running into some issues.

The first issue is the network stream won't always pick back up when I change storage spaces and go back to reload the look. Sometimes it doesn't load it up at all and the stream location remains blank, other times it streams successfully but the stream path is total gibberish.

Here it sees the streams fine.

And it loads it fine initially

But when I reload the look I either get gibberish like these or they go blank and I need to reload the NDI path.

Another thing I've noticed, if the place doesn't reload properly, when I go to click on another storage place, it *deletes* the corrupted look entirely. I need to reload the file to get it back.

Also, I was getting a purple glow where my blacks should be from my NDI stream and there was some noise. Does NDI not use the full color space? I had to set R:253 G:253 B:253 to get the purple glow to go away and then I had to set the "quantization" effect to low to remove the noise. I've noticed I've had to apply this effect to any video stream, file, or image played with madrix to get it to come out right. Is there any way to make this the default? I'd like to use other effects while having properly represented video.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: NDI streaming issues

Post by Guertler »

Hello tech108,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

We already know about the problem with the short delay when select a storage place. We are already on it to find a solution to imporve this behavior.

Thank you for reporting the bug about lossing the NDI connection when more than one NDI stream will be captured per storage place. We can reproduce this issue here and the developer is already on it to fix this issue.

The third issue of your report we can't reproduce here in the office at the moment. NDI is using the full 8 bit range per color but it has also a compression included. At the moment MADRIX is working with this compression also but if we find a way to avoid this compression method we will add it in the future.