Best PC for Madrix & ShowCad on one machine.

IAV_DAVID

Best PC for Madrix & ShowCad on one machine.

Post by IAV_DAVID »

We run both software's on a single machine and they fall over whilst programming. We have resorted to two machines to make sure they stay online and don't crash.... \\

What spec machine would run both and have massive headroom to not crash? Is it CPU core related why they crash ?

Welcome feedback on machines that would do the job on a single machine. Budget we want £700-£1000

Thanks in advance guys ......
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Best PC for Madrix & ShowCad on one machine.

Post by Guertler »

Hello IAV_DAVID,

MADRIX is rendering all effects at the CPU.
Now it depends on the size of the used patch how much power the CPU will need.
That means the bigger the patch the more powerful the CPU must be.
Maybe you can tell us the Matrix Size of the used patch?
IAV_DAVID

Post by IAV_DAVID »

I'm the Audio guy so just asking the boys now.... they have replied 450 x 200...... I have got a local company to make me a rack based PC using the latest NVIDA graphic card and cooling as used for gaming but unsure of what Processor to use for the best performance. Again this is to also run and program SHOWCAD at the same time....

Welcome the feedback.
dijjital@gmail.com

Post by dijjital@gmail.com »

Hey there,
I'm using an HP Z820 workstation for my Madrix heavy-lifting. I'm using it to process a patch size of 2630x1056x3. It's got 20 processor cores running at 2.8Ghz. 128GB RAM and an NVidia Quadro K6000. I can run a reasonable stack of effects at around 30fps... I was going to build a machine around the new 32-core (64-thread) AMD thread ripper processors but they won't be available in time for the debut of the show we're designing :/
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

We are working on updating the topic for the latest processors and MADRIX 5, but this information from MADRIX 3 should provide much needed insights:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... ments.html

Unfortunately, we don't know how much performance SHOWCAD requires. That is why, it is hard to recommend a CPU. What CPU where you using before?

For a first recommendation, this should be a good baseline and anything higher will probably do:
At least Intel Core i7
- Desktop model
- With 6 cores [with Hyper-Threading to 12 threads]
- Each core should have at least a base frequency of 3.6 GHz [with a max. turbo frequency of 3.9 GHz]