Pixel Tape Auto Addressing

evolveinstall

Pixel Tape Auto Addressing

Post by evolveinstall »

Madrix Forum!

So i've just installed a pixel Ribbon job, and using the Nebulas. The Ribbon i have is auto addressing, and so this ribbon is taking into account the Universe 1 / 511 Red / 512 Green and the universe 2 / 1 Blue. Yes i could program a Dead pixel, however this tape is also 3 Chip..So the dead patch is rather bigger than desired.

So when i patch, i can not split the data of a 3 Channel RGB fixture between the universes. If i patch a single channel and then over lap, doesn't work as thought as i can't split between RGB. Any ideas on how i can achieve this?
and before people ask, impossible to find the encoder to re=program the LED Ribbon - never done it but surprise me!

Cheers in advance
evolveinstall

Re: Pixel Tape Auto Addressing

Post by evolveinstall »

Just saw this,

1) Please make sure to use the latest firmware.
2) Call the built-in web configuration tool by accessing the IP address of the device.
3) Set up 'Channels Per Universe' to 510.

I thought this feature on the nebula was for sending full frames? would changing this to 510 fix this issue?. I have not clue if its the Nebula which is addressing the ribbon or if the Ribbon is doing it?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Pixel Tape Auto Addressing

Post by Guertler »

Hello evolveinstall,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

Please perform the already described way to set the "Channels Per Universe" to "510" and test how the connected pixel tape will react now.
With this option the NEBULA will use only 510 channels per DMX Universe and will ignore the last two channels of the received DMX Universe. That also means after DMX channel 510 channel 1 of the next universe will be send.

Furthermore you should disable the option "Send Full Frames" in the MADRIX software.