Count of DMX Channels in the license

mystismile

Count of DMX Channels in the license

Post by mystismile »

Hello, I have a question regarding the counting of dmx channels in Madrix licenses. Until now I thought that only my active voxels were counted. Thus the fixed dmx channels fixtures were not considered voxels so not counted from the license. However since some version I note that when I patch fixtures it is the set of channels that are counted (fixed parameters and Voxels) and not just the active Voxel. So I would like to have a clarification on this subject. Thank you in advance for your reply. Antoine
Antoine
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Count of DMX Channels in the license

Post by Guertler »

Hello mystismile,

For the license MADRIX is calculating always all channels of a patched fixture equals if the channel is set to a fixed value or assigned as a color channel.
For instance if a fixture consists of 10 DMX channels but only 3 channels are responsible to control the colors (RGB), MADRIX will calculate 10 channels for this fixture. Because if must send also the DMX values 0, 255 or whatever to that fixed channels.
mystismile

Post by mystismile »

Thank you for your reply. I must have confused the grandMA count, which offers the parameters configured in "Dummy" and equivalent to the fixed channels in the Madrix. I would therefore like to suggest an additional option in the patch of fixtures: a dmx address offset box which would allow, in the case where we want to patch only the matrix of a projector, to automatically shift the address of the next matrix according to the number real of channels. It would be more accurate in the case of a merge with a console because the fixed parameters would have no interest to be generated and therefore counted Madrix.
Antoine
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello mystismile,

Thank you for your input.
We will discuss this feature request with the developers.