Triggering Cue Lists Help

edwardlawrence20

Triggering Cue Lists Help

Post by edwardlawrence20 »

Hello there
Fairly new to Madrix and I have what I think is a simple question to help me achieve what I need.

I want to be able to create multiple cue lists with different types of looks in each, for example static, slow movement, fast movement etc, and then create simple buttons to trigger the start of each of these lists. Simple enough for example that a client can walk up to the machine and press one of 3 buttons to achieve one of 3 states that will then continuously loop through cues.

How might this be possible? Thanks in advance for any help.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Triggering Cue Lists Help

Post by Guertler »

Hello edwardlawrence20,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

In MADRIX it is not possible to work with several Cue List.
But you can use the provided Cue List and create several parts/ looping sections with the help of the Follow Cue command in the Cue List. Now you are able to trigger the several sections of the Cue List with the help of the GoTo command in the Cue List it self, via HTTP request, via DMX or via MIDI

In your explained example let us say you want to have 5 cues in a loop for every of the 3 light atmospheres.
  • So you create in MADRIX a Cue List with 15 cues in total.
  • Now you set the desired "Duration" for every Cue in the Cue List.
  • In the next step you will set at Cue 5 "Follow Cue" to 1, at Cue 10 "Follow Cue" to 6 and at Cue 15 the "Follow Cue" to 11.
When you now play the Cue List by starting the first Cue, it will run in a loop between Cue 1 and Cue 5. If you activate Cue 6, it will run in a loop between Cue 6 and 10. And if you activate Cue 11, MADRIX will run in the loop between Cue 11 and 15.

Under the following link you will learn more about the Cue List:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... list_.html