Animations lagging and are slow

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Pecanac

Animations lagging and are slow

Post by Pecanac »

Hello,

This is a video of a problem I get:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyifye6cboj0v ... 0.mp4?dl=0

The setup is set to ARTnet. PLEXUS and Network card are connected to a local SERVER.

Is there a solution to this? Everything works but it has lag. And when I increase BPM, it can not catch the animation speed.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Animations lagging and are slow

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecanac,
Welcome to to the MADRIX forum.

Can you please tell use how you have connect the PLEXUS to the PC? Are you using an additional network switch or was it a direct connection.

Furthermore try to decrease the output frame rate of MADRIX. By default MADRIX will output the DMX data with 33,3 FPS. But maybe it is to much for the connected fixtures. Please try to decrease it to maybe 25 FPS. You can easily decrese the frame time in MADRIX when you go to "Preferences > Device Manager". Now please select the desired port of the PLEXUS in the "DMX Devices" tab, change the settings of the "Frame Time (ms)" to "40" and click "Apply".
Pecanac

Post by Pecanac »

Hello Guertler and thank you for answering my post,

As I mentioned before PLEXUS and PC are both connected to a network SERVER.
I tried decreasing FPS to 25, and even 20 but same thing as last time happens.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecanac,

In the posted video it seems that the DMX controller of the fixtures has a problem in case of a fast change of the effects.
Is this part the only part which has problems?
How is this part connected to the PLEXUS? Maybe you can create an easy connection drawing from the output of the PLEXUS to the used tubes?
What will happen when you are using a direct connection from the PLEXUS to the MADRIX PC?
Pecanac

Post by Pecanac »

Hi Guertler,

When I connect with USB PLEXUS to PC it works fine. I have these problems when I connect it to the server over ethernet. So it must be a server problem.

Thank you for your help.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecanac,

Can you please explain your setup of the different devices a bit more?
What kind of server do you use?
Is there a direct connection between the PLEXUS and the server or is there a switch in between?
Pecanac

Post by Pecanac »

Hi Guertler,

This is the setup:

31 pcs RGBW on DMX canal 1 &
5 pcs AMBER on DMX canal 2

This is a decorative light for a fortress it is a big area, and they gave me only internet connection with static IP, so for PLEXUS, my only option is to remote control it without GUI.
I will do port forwarding on router and access it over internet, and that way I will control PLEXUS and lights remotely.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Post by Pinzer »

Hello Pecanac,

if i understand it right, you try to send live artnet data over an internet connection to the plexus. If this so, i would say, bad idea. Artnet data are not like a video stream. There are many small data packets, which have to find the way thru the internet. It is not one connection and send only direct data.

But you have a PLEXUS. Why you do not preprogramm some scenes, upload it to the PLEXUS and let it play standalone. Then you can use the internet connection remote control the PLEXUS. So you couldt control the speed and brightness and if you need, also some colors.

best regards,
Sebastian
Pecanac

Post by Pecanac »

Hi Sebastian,

Yes I did exactly that and want to control only prepro. scenes. For example I made scenes like these:

1. 100% DMX1OUT and 100% DMX2
2. 100% DMX1OUT and 0% DMX2
3. 0% DMX1 and 100% DMX2
4. 0% DMX1 and 0% DMX2

And I set timer for Scene 1 on Sunset, and a timer on Sunrise for Scene 4. And I wanted to remote control scenes over internet. For example if they have a concert they would want the DMX1 lights to be off and play Scene 2, or if they don't want AMBER light from DMX2 they play Scene 2 etc..

Is that possible to achieve this from a remote location? On site there will be only internet router and static ip address.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Post by Pinzer »

Hello Pecanac,

Ok, you can completly remote control the PLEXUS over a Webbrowser. for Details have a look here: http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/plexus/i ... ntrol.html

The Plexus has build in a simple Webserver for that. You can access this on the standard port 80. So you have to configure the Firewall of the internet router, to let access a port from outside (normally also 80, but if the router a good one you can also choose another port) and route this to port 80 of the PLEXUS.

There are also the variant to only send http commands to remote control if you wish this.

But i have to add a warning: There is no password protection on the PLEXUS Webserver. So everybody who find the right IP and Port could remote control the PLEXUS.

best regards,
Sebastian