by jholmes
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:44 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Bounding Box 'moves' between computers
Replies: 7
Views: 49609

Re: Bounding Box 'moves' between computers

Good morning,

Has there been any movement on this? I'm trying to put off doing this work manually in hopes of an update but I'm running out of time.
by jholmes
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Thanks for your response. What is your timetable for releasing this?
I'm slated to reconfigure my 400 bin (1,500 bounding boxes) project next month and I really need a solution. I can send you the old + new show file if that helps BETA test this feature.
by jholmes
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:04 am
Forum: Wishes And Feature Requests
Topic: Updating Mapping Presets
Replies: 3
Views: 44977

Re: Updating Mapping Presets

Adding a ping to this request. I just wrote another post (not realizing this was here) about this issue. I have a show with 400 bins, each of which have 3+ maps. My layout is about to change and I'm dreading having to fix 1,200 map settings!
by jholmes
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:58 am

My apologies for dropping the ball on this issue. I was unable to get both files for comparison purposes. I have a follow-up question, however. In my show file, I have about 400 bins. I originally used the "map" feature by creating fixture groups in the patch editor and selecting my groups...
by jholmes
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:52 am
Topic: View Long Name in DMX Devices Window
Replies: 2
Views: 19141

Re: View Long Name in DMX Devices Window

Thank you, will do.
by jholmes
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:22 pm
Topic: Send Art-Net Universe to Multiple Controllers
Views: 19366

Send Art-Net Universe to Multiple Controllers

I have two Advatek controllers that I would like to mirror each-other. What is the best way to send one Madrix universe to both controllers? I figure it has something to do with broadcast but I have never done that before. Secondly, is it possible/reasonable to send some universes as broadcast &...
by jholmes
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:17 pm
Topic: View Long Name in DMX Devices Window
Views: 19141

View Long Name in DMX Devices Window

I have Advatek MKII boards which auto-populated in the ArtNet tab of the Device Manager. However, on the DMX Devices tab, I can only see the "device name" which is the same across all my advatek boards. How do I change this to show the long name (which is what Advatek allows me to set as a...
by jholmes
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Bounding Box 'moves' between computers

I have a madrix project that has 3-4 bounding boxes per bin.
I created everything on my laptop then tried to transfer it to my show computer but found the bounding boxes are mis-aligned now. Why is this happening and what is the most efficient way to fix this across 400 bins?
by jholmes
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm
Topic: Bulk Import / Edit "Device Manager" DMX Devices
Replies: 1
Views: 24159

Bulk Import / Edit "Device Manager" DMX Devices

I need to populate hundreds of sACN Unicast universes in the Device Manager, not all of which are sequential. Do you have advice on how to do this best? The biggest hurtle I have found is the inability to bulk-edit the unicast IP address and Madrix universe for multiple "dmx devices" at on...