by Ismal
Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:57 pm
Forum: Bug Reports
Topic: Storage Spaces disappear when dragging on 8x8 view
Replies: 5
Views: 50079

Storage Spaces disappear when dragging on 8x8 view

Madrix 3.6.2 Tested on Windows 7 and 10
When viewing Storage Places as an 8x8 matrix and selecting a storage space and trying to drag it, all the storage spaces disappear. It gives me this problem ~7/10 times.

See attached image
by Ismal
Tue May 17, 2016 3:26 pm
Topic: Madrix v3.x and VMWare (Player and ESXi)
Replies: 7
Views: 77538

Re: Madrix v3.x and VMWare (Player and ESXi)

If your machine has an Intel CPU and is VT-d compatible, you can add a real graphics card and configure ESXi with passthrough settings that allows a virtual machine to access hardware directly. Google around, it is not hard to achieve. (There is also a way with AMD CPUs). . Also on vSphere 6 there i...
by Ismal
Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:49 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: 2 LED Tubes running same DMX channels
Replies: 1
Views: 29195

Re: 2 LED Tubes running same DMX channels

Usually with most pixel tubes, you have to program them to respond to the correct addresses either with a small hand-held programmer, or directly with dip-switches. You could check the documentation of your product to correctly program them. By default most tubes are programmed to respond to address...
by Ismal
Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:55 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Why does mapping non-standard arrays have to be so painful?
Replies: 5
Views: 53314

Re: Why does mapping non-standard arrays have to be so painf

I have also wanted this feature, but in the meantime you can use a software like 'Image Overlay Utility' or many others, which allows you to display an image on-screen, with scaling and opacity parameters, and the best part is you can make it click-thru.
Hope that helps!
by Ismal
Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:24 am
Topic: SCE Fill Drops with duration 0
Replies: 3
Views: 46952

Re: SCE Fill Drops with duration 0

It does it on a new/blank setup file with the default 50x50x1 matrix. I select SCE Fill Drops and leave all default settings (including color table) except set duration=0. With the default 5 second fill time, the matrix stays a solid color for about 1 second before the new 'round' of drops. Then, if...
by Ismal
Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:58 pm
Topic: SCE Fill Drops with duration 0
Replies: 3
Views: 46952

SCE Fill Drops with duration 0

In Madrix 3.5a, when I use the SCE Fill Drops effect with duration=0, the matrix is shown in solid color for short time before the next next round of objects begins to fill the matrix. The solid color seems to last longer if I use a longer fill time. I does not do this with the other 'Fills' (Random...
by Ismal
Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:04 pm
Forum: Wishes And Feature Requests
Topic: Spout
Replies: 9
Views: 95500

Re: Spout

If you want to input Spout into Madrix, you can by using the SCE Capture effect and choosing SpoutCam, if you have correctly set up a Spout sending device of course.
by Ismal
Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:59 pm
Topic: Save current Storage Selection Bank
Views: 26856

Save current Storage Selection Bank

It would be nice if the storage selection was saved with a project. I mean the actual storage bank. Because at this moment, when loading a project it does not open on the bank it was saved on. Also, in the options you can specify a Master Brightness when opening Madrix, maybe we could specify the st...
by Ismal
Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:42 pm
Topic: Patch Editor switch Universe after n pixels
Views: 31139

Patch Editor switch Universe after n pixels

Hi, I recently had to create a patch that changed universe after each 450 channels (150LEDs*3Channels). The problem was I had to manually patch 128 universes. A feature that would change (skip to next) universe after a specified amount of pixels would be nice. Example: ADD 128 strips (X) of 150 LEDS...
by Ismal
Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Topic: Ideas for the Recording Editor
Views: 31245

Ideas for the Recording Editor

Here are a few ideas I would like to share regarding the Recording Editor. It would be good if we could: 1-Cut frames from the middle of the file. Currently we can cut from the beginning or the end but not from the middle? 2-Have the ability to merge (or append) .mrec files together. I can do it man...