Search found 20 matches

by jholmes
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:28 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Bulk Edit Display Names?
Replies: 1
Views: 23393

Bulk Edit Display Names?

I try to keep my patching very organized through specific fixture IDs and Display names that often include the fixture ID in the name (Because that is how Madrix defaults). However, once a patch is made, if I have to go back and edit/delete/create anything, I find the new fixtures end up with names ...
by jholmes
Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 pm
Topic: sACN/E1.31 setup question
Replies: 12
Views: 105787

Re: sACN/E1.31 setup question

Thank you, That makes perfect sense. The issue I am now having is that when I set the IP address of my device to the subnet I have set on my network card (192.168.0.X), the data does not make it to the device. Weirdly, when I set the device IP to the 239.255.x.x subnet, we can control the lights. Th...
by jholmes
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 pm

If that is the case, that the range is pre-determined, what is the point of selecting the adapter/subnet in the settings menu where you "Enable ACN?" Multi-Cast is supposed to send the data to all devices on the adapter I set. If the adapter is 192.168.0.X, sACN should be sending data to t...
by jholmes
Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Hello, Bringing an old thread back from the dead, I also have a question about E1.31 setup. In my case, I am using a PixLite4 whose IP address is set to 192.168.0.50. My computer's IP is 192.168.0.1 and it is directly connected to the PixLite4 with an ethernet cable. The issue I am having is this: I...
by jholmes
Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:00 am
Topic: How do you change Operation Mode in Fixture?
Replies: 1
Views: 26199

How do you change Operation Mode in Fixture?

Hello!

In the Patch Editor, I need to change the operation mode of all my fixtures but would rather not re-patch them all from scratch. I have already made a second operation mode in the fixture editor, but how do I specify without deleting and starting over?
by jholmes
Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:03 am
Forum: Bug Reports
Topic: Patch Editor DMX Map Only Shows One Universe
Replies: 5
Views: 51760

Re: Patch Editor DMX Map Only Shows One Universe

Thank you! That window was hidden from me so I didn't see it until I reset the default layout. Unfortunately, that feature doesn't seem to do what I need. Even when I offset the channel number, if changes all the selected devices to the same channel numbers, instead of sequentially offsetting each f...
by jholmes
Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: Patch Editor DMX Map Only Shows One Universe

Thank you for the clarification.
If I need to remap my entire grid without changing the location of the fixtures on the map, what is the best way to do this?
by jholmes
Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Patch Editor DMX Map Only Shows One Universe

On the DMX Map in the patch editor, despite that there is an option for "Universe X" TO "Universe Y" it only ever shows one universe. I'm trying to see everything because I had to take out two fixtures (so I need to skew my entire setup by about 240 channels). Any assistance you ...
by jholmes
Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:27 am
Topic: How to trigger a cue list in Madrix? (I am new in Madrix)
Replies: 6
Views: 55258

Re: How to trigger a cue list in Madrix? (I am new in Madrix

I will do my best to explain further: When you tell AudioSyncPlayer to trigger a song at 1:00:00:00, it receives the command at 1:00:00:00 but doesn't load the song instantly. Therefore, the songs begins playing approximately 1-2 seconds past the time-stamp you actually wanted it to play. Additional...
by jholmes
Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:16 am
Topic: How to trigger a cue list in Madrix? (I am new in Madrix)
Replies: 6
Views: 55258

Re: How to trigger a cue list in Madrix? (I am new in Madrix

My issue with the AudioSyncPlayer is it takes a couple seconds to start up and we can't scrub the audio with timecode. How do we know we are syncing perfectly if the playback is going to be delayed?