Search found 286 matches

by Schulze
Mon May 22, 2023 4:11 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Invert Z Axis From CSV Fixture List Import?
Replies: 1
Views: 1748

Re: Invert Z Axis From CSV Fixture List Import?

Hi Alex_V, Unfortunately there is no quick way to do it in the current MADRIX 5 version. I'm sorry. With the next MADRIX 5 release you will be able to use negative values for "Scale X / Y / Z", which will invert the positioning of the fixtures along the appropriate axes. We can inform you ...
by Schulze
Wed May 17, 2023 4:15 pm
Topic: Akai APC Mini not loading pre-defined midi map
Replies: 4
Views: 2879

Re: Akai APC Mini not loading pre-defined midi map

Hi MTX-Lightning, I would like to add something: - If you connect the MIDI device directly (e.g. the AKAI APC40) you can save and edit the MIDI configuration. - After connecting the device, please navigate to "Preferences" > "Remote Control" > "MIDI...". - Select the de...
by Schulze
Wed May 17, 2023 4:07 pm
Topic: Stream NDI vs SPOut
Replies: 1
Views: 1766

Re: Stream NDI vs SPOut

Hi MTX-Lightning, Thank you for sharing your expirience! I would like to add something: This is because SPOUT is not using compression, but NDI does. Lets put it that way: If you want share content between two applications on the same machine I recommend to use SPOUT. If there are two seperated syst...
by Schulze
Tue May 16, 2023 4:12 pm
Forum: Wishes And Feature Requests
Topic: Dynamic switching between 2 (...) Patches for Effects
Replies: 3
Views: 2868

Re: Dynamic switching between 2 (...) Patches for Effects

Hi Toby, Do you have a sample project or youtube tutorial for more informations about this? - No, I'm sorry, but there is no tutorial available for it. - It is necessary to use Fixture Groups + Mapping to make it work. - Therefore basically you will need to duplicate everything (including the DMX ad...
by Schulze
Mon May 15, 2023 3:27 pm
Topic: Dynamic switching between 2 (...) Patches for Effects
Replies: 3
Views: 2868

Re: Dynamic switching between 2 (...) Patches for Effects

Hey Toby, My idea would be to patch it twice (in one big patch) and then make use of the Fixture Groups + Mapping. For example the first patch variant would be on z-layer 1 and the second one on z-layer 2. So one z-layer would contain the approximated triangle patch and the second one for example a ...
by Schulze
Mon May 15, 2023 3:05 pm
Forum: Bug Reports
Topic: Import from Madrix 3 to Madrix 5 Bug
Replies: 2
Views: 2663

Re: Import from Madrix 3 to Madrix 5 Bug

Hi MTX-Lightning, We double checked the issue and came to the following conclusion: - We assume the Storage Place was imported with a different patch. Is this correct? - This also means the effects will be scaled to the new matrix size / patch. For example the "Pitch" parameter defines the...
by Schulze
Wed May 03, 2023 1:10 pm
Topic: Questions about DMX in
Replies: 9
Views: 8661

Re: Questions about DMX in

Hi Alex_V, Welcome to the MADRIX Forum. You can use incoming DMX signals for remote control or you can route the DMX signals through MADRIX 5 to your output (DMX-Thru). You can monitor incoming values using the "DMX Watcher" (navigate to 'Tools' > 'DMX Watcher...' > 'Input'). Please note t...
by Schulze
Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:37 pm
Topic: Best way to switch ON/OFF presets 5pm-9pm
Views: 3357

Re: Best way to switch ON/OFF presets 5pm-9pm

Hi Quinton, I think the easiest way would be to use Fixture Groups and two "Group Presets" (one with intensity = 255 and the other one with intensity = 0). That means for the "ON"-Cue you will need to use the Group Preset with intensity = 255 and for the "OFF"-Cue you w...
by Schulze
Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:21 pm
Topic: About the new timeline function
Views: 5276

Re: About the new timeline function

Hi Dingken,

Yes, please send us an e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com!
by Schulze
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:06 pm
Topic: Best way to switch ON/OFF presets 5pm-9pm
Views: 3357

Re: Best way to switch ON/OFF presets 5pm-9pm

Hi Quinton, Sorry for the delay! How do you call the Storage Places? Manually or do you use remote control? You can create a Cue List containing two Cues with a Time Code (without duration), which are responsible for the ON and OFF times. As Time Code source you can use "System Time". If y...