Things I like to see in the next release

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

VR Lighting

Things I like to see in the next release

Post by VR Lighting »

Take a look at ableton live. It’s whole interface, including the plug-ins are MIDI assignable

Make everything assignable to a MIDI CC, NOTE, or standard Keyboard key.
Midi assignable storage places and cues/cuelist

More low res effects

Add the ability to draw a path that the colorfill/snake effect, or any other effect can follow.

Create groups by applying the same technique used in the patch and allow users to select pixels and save that selection as a group with a dedicated MIDI CC assignable Intensity master and playback controls

Add an LFO and waveform Generator that can trigger storages places, cues/cuelists and move faders.
Trigger multiple cue lists and storage places simultaneously

Add duration, loop, repeat x-times control to effects

Incorporate The OSC protocol
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Things I like to see in the next release

Post by Wissmann »

Wow thats a big list :D
No worry we realy appreciate this.
For shure we will realize a lot of this feature request in the future and also for shure not each of this in the next upcoming release.
LFO and Waveform generation for triggering storage places for example will be possible with the next release 2.7 or 2.8 using a new macro function.
The midi assigns will be overworked in the next MADRIX generation versions 3.x we allready started to work on.
The possibilities to trigger multiple storage places and the handle of multiple cue lists are also not available before MADRIX 3.0
More Effects? Defenitly!
Low res effects will be part of new effects from time to time.
On OSC we have no focus actualy, but maybe we change our mind if more people ask for OSC support.
Drawing path for snake a.s.o. ?
Yes this is nice for shure but i do not believe we realize this feature in the near future because of a lot of other very important feature.
You write: "Add duration, loop, repeat x-times control to effects"
What exactly you have in mind?
All MADRIX effects are endless effects, someone loop (endless repeat) like the SCE ColorScroll or SCE Radial, other effects like the S2L and M2L never breaks until the audio input stops.
So, if possible, please describe a little bit more detailed what you mean.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
VR Lighting

Post by VR Lighting »

duration: effect plays for X-secs/beats/cycles.

kind of like an advance loop button from the video player only you can set the amount of time or the amount of loops at what eva BPM you desire.

I think the LFO with pulse width modulation should be built into the interface kinda like a on synth or keyboard. one for the left deck and one for the right deck with every part of it e MIDI assignable.

When will you enable advance grouping options?

With this macro function, can you use multiple macros?

What kind of macros will be available?

Will there be a midi macro allowing you to select that storage bin?

how soon before you release 2.7 and 3.0?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

First of all, if you have in mind to visit the LDI this year i would realy appreciate if you come to our booth #326 so we can discuss together personal.
Thank you for the more detailed description about duration/Loop aso. we will think about it.
Short explanation:
In the case of MADRIX macro means a script language which is possible to manipulate the parameter (controls) of MADRIX and the graphical output of effects. Actual this macro´s are only available in each layer sperately. In the future there will be macro´s for each storage place and the main mix (output).
As i understand you, you want to trigger the storage places by a LFO function where the pulse width modulation describes the time difference for activating a new storage place. That´s correct?
If so, you will have with the new macro for main out the possibility to build up such a LFO to trigger the storage places you want.
With the main out macro you will be able to use all the functionality we actual implemented for Midi remote, like storage place, fade time, fade type aso. next the possibilty to manipulate the graphical output.
Allready now you can select the storage places by Midi, DMX, ArtNet and HTTP.
Advanced grouping functions will be avialable not before 3.0.
If we implement the possibility to manage the intensity of each group by midi i can´t promise in this moment.
Our schedule for the 2.7 is the LDI in November this year.
First possible release for the 3.0 is the ProLight & Sound in April next year.
KathleenBartos

Post by KathleenBartos »

This is a good feature request. And II'm also want to see that feature too but as of now, madrix is power enough as of now.
Doing some custom written papers and research in some sound mixing for new innovation sound mixing :)