Triggering Multiple Cue Lists

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

MarkC

Triggering Multiple Cue Lists

Post by MarkC »

I would like to be able to trigger a cue list from one of the DMX remote controls.

One solution would be the ability to assign a cue list to a store. So a store could contain either an effect (like it does not) or a cue list. Then that cue list could be triggered either manually or through the DMX-In remote control (as well as the other trigger options like MIDI).

Another option would be to designate one of the channels of the DMX-IN options as a cue trigger. So if the DMX trigger channel is non-zero it would trigger a cue list based on the DMX value. For example, if the DMX value was 1 it would trigger a cue list named CueList001. You could trigger up to 255 cue lists this way.

Thanks for listening!

Mark
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Triggering Multiple Cue Lists

Post by Wissmann »

Hi MarkC,
thank you very much for your ideas, comments and hints.
As always we will take care about the wishes of our user and will think about it during the future development of MADRIX.
Of cource we can´t promise everthing, because sometimes there are more than one point of view to handle stuff like this.
So one question: if you speak from cue lists, you mean cue lists which trigger Storage Places from MADRIX as it does now?
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Yes - cue lists could remain the same as they are today - a list of storage places. My main interest is in being able to trigger different ones based on an external trigger (like DMX-IN).

Mark
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

OK, we will see.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
VR Lighting

Post by VR Lighting »

I would like to see a timeline editor for each storage cue place with time displayed as either min/sec or bars/beats.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

In my opinion a timeline editor is a different point of view to the cuelist.
So my question is did you mean a timeline editor with one row where you can place one Storage place behind the other, where the grafic display the start time and the duration, or did you have in mind a editor with for example 120 rows where each row represent one single storage place.
If you mean the second possibilitie there is the fact MADRIX isn´t able to play two Storage Places from A or B at the same time, so maybe a editor with two rows one for A and one for B would be a interesting solution.
Whats your opinion?
VR Lighting

Post by VR Lighting »

Option 2 but within the storage Place so u can arrange effects and have the information displayed as bars/beats or min/sec in a timeline or cuelist.

The main cuelist would still recall storage places.

Let's say u have 3 effects running in storage place 1a. Effect 1 would run for 8 bars or seconds, then effect 2 would come in for 8 bars or seconds and then effect 3 would come in for 8 bars or seconds while 1&2 fade out over 4 bars or seconds.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Wow, this is an interesting aspect.
So you mean you want to have a timeline editor for each storage place where you can edit the start/stop timing and the submaster or opacity of each individual layer es well.
Is this what you have in mind?
So what happens at the end of timeline?
VR Lighting

Post by VR Lighting »

Yes. You would have controll of every function an effect has and At the end of the timeline u can set it to stop, loop again, loop 20 times then call storage place 2a.
VR Lighting

Post by VR Lighting »

Thank you for considering my segustions. your software is a much needed addition to the world of lighting. Oh yeah, I was wondering about alpha channels. Does madrix regonize them? Also I was wondering if it's possible to use pictures instead of the built in shapes. For instance, with drops I'd like to create a logo and then choose that as the shape. Thanks again!