midi triggering of the cues

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Endov

midi triggering of the cues

Post by Endov »

Hi
Question 1.

I have several midi devices that merge in a midi merger. this is connected to my audio card.
The devices are splitted at at Midi ch1, ch2, ch3, ch4

Each device has 9 midi pads, I need at every pad to trig a different cue of Madrix, on left or right storage. .
I want at every midi note on, to active the cue, and at every new midi note on it will activate a different one.

I m trying to make a new midi configuration, but I cannot find how to activate those cues, in case I want at:

- midi ch. 1 ,note 60,vel 000-127 to activate the cue 1 at slot 1.
- midi ch. 1 ,note 68,vel 000-127 to activate the cue 1 at slot 9.
- midi ch. 2 ,note 60,vel 000-127 to activate the cue 1 at slot 10.
I want with this way to map about 50 midi pads

Question 2.

How can I do exactly the same on a midi keyboard on the notes in just one midi Ch.?

It could be great if you give me some insight on my troubleshouting.

thanks for any response.

Best Regards,

Ilias
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: midi triggering of the cues

Post by Schulze »

Hi endov,

Please ensure that the Windows driver of your MIDI controllers are installed correctly. Furthermore it is important that the MIDI controllers will be found in the MIDI tab of the MADRIX Device Manager.

If you want to trigger Cues/Storage Places you need to create a corrosponding "MIDI map" in the MIDI Remote Editor.

1. Triggering Cues in the MADRIX Cue List:
You need to use the function "Cue List GoTo" and assign a "MAX" value representing one of your Cue List entries in the MIDI Remote Editor.
For example if you want to trigger your first cue, you have to assign "0" as your MAX value.

For your case that means:
1) Open the MIDI Remote Editor.
2) Use "+" button to add a new function
3) Select "Deck A" > "Goto" > "Goto" as "Function" in the MIDI Remote Editor.
4) Click the "Assign" button, select a list item and use a control on your MIDI controller to match your button to this function. Disable Assign again when done.
5) Set "MAX" to 0 in order to trigger Cue 1.

Now disable the "Assign" button and enable the "Test" button. If you now press the prior assigned button on your MIDI controller, the cuelist entry 1 will be triggered.
Repeat those steps for each of your buttons.

2. Triggering Storage Places
You need to use the function "Place ID +Fade" and assign a "MAX" value representing one of your Storage Places in the MIDI Remote Editor.

For your case that means:
1) Open the MIDI Remote Editor.
2) Use "+" button to add a new function.
3) Select "Deck A" > "Place ID +Fade" as "Function" in the MIDI Remote Editor
4) Click the "Assign" button, select a list item and use a control on your MIDI controller to match your button to this function. Disable Assign again when done.
5) Set "MAX" to 0 in order to trigger Storage Deck A Storage 1 Place 1.

Now disable the "Assign" button and enable the "Test" button. If you now press the prior assigned button on your MIDI controller, the effects at Storage 1 Place 1 will be triggered.
Repeat the steps and set up "MAX" for each Storage Place you wish to control.

Here you can learn more about the remote control options of MADRIX 5:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/h ... ditor.html
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/h ... input.html

I hope this helps you. Have a nice day!