LIGHT O'RAMA 16 CHANNEL - ENTTEC OPEN DMX USB Pro= MADRIX

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

trinidad

LIGHT O'RAMA 16 CHANNEL - ENTTEC OPEN DMX USB Pro= MADRIX

Post by trinidad »

Hello to all of you! I am new on this, and i am looking for help. I purchased the above mentioned equipment (LOR 16 Channel controller and Enttec Open DMX USB Pro) for my 2012 christmas project. these mentioned unit they comunicated well with each other with no problems, lights turn on and the DMX Music sequences created work well and all light connected to each channel turn on. I want to buy this Madrix software starting package license key and software to add it to my present equipment; however, before i buy it, i want to know how my LOR Controller and my Entte Pro comunicate with Madrix to make my lights turn on according to the music beat. Can one of you please guide me on this. I would like to try the free version first, if i make it work, i will buy the Madrix starting licence Key Package. Please tell me step by step, i will really appreciate.
Thanks
riri7707

Re: LIGHT O'RAMA 16 CHANNEL - ENTTEC OPEN DMX USB Pro= MADRI

Post by riri7707 »

Hi,
You can find some tutorials about LOR and MADRIX on Youtube :
(this can apply to LSP too)

http://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=MO7bRxDi ... r_embedded

Hope this helps...

Cheers.. Henri
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

Hello Henri, riri7707 and Dannenberg and all of you. Finally, i was able to download the free demo from Madrix and make the lights work and communicate well with my Light Orama 16 unit controller and my Enttec DMX USB Pro interface. I have a couple of question:
1) do you or any body else knows where i can purchase the Starting License software Key package and how much is it? i don't need it for a night club, restaurant, bar, etc., i need this for my HOUSE Christmas project.

2) On the free down load demo, when i played my music, sometimes lights don't turn on for at least 10 seconds and then they play again, after awhile it does it again.

3) is Madrix voice sensitive? i notice that i called my wife for something and the lights blinked.

Please let me know. And again thanks all of you for your help very much appreciated.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi trinidad,

1) Thank you for your interest! Depending on your country, we have a number of resellers. You can get an overview in the Where To Buy section on this website: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/where-to-buy.html

Official retail prices are listed here: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/products/ ... rview.html

2) That is solely a restriction of the demo version. Here is the reason: "This is also the latest demo version of MADRIX. You can test MADRIX for free. Every single feature will be available to you; only the data output towards hardware will be deactivated after each minute for a short period. Additionally, DVI output is overlaid by a grid. The data output fully stops after 1 hour."

3) MADRIX can use incoming audio signals to create lighting effects. They are called S2L or M2L Effects. According to your MADRIX Audio configuration, you currently might use your built-in microphone for this. You can check your setup using the menu Preferences > Device Manager > Audio Input.

I hope this helps!
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

Dannenberg - thanks for replying back - I live in Los Angeles, California -
i will try what you suggested. I called several places listed and i got no response. Please tell me how to go by bying just the Starting license key software package. As i told you, i just need it for my christmas lights projects to make some effects and make my lights display looks unique. How much is the starting license Key. How to add music to Madrix to play one after another without me playing one at the time.

Thanks
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

1) Since you are living in the US, please call our representatives from ICD at +1 954.578.8881. They can help you find the nearest dealer to you.

2) MADRIX KEY start has an official retail price of €300. Please ask local dealers for US pricing.

3) MADRIX itself cannot play back music. But you can simply use a music player on your computer and MADRIX should be able to pick up the audio signal (according to your audio configuration).

Thank you.
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

[quote="Dannenberg"]Hi,

You said that MADRIX itself cannot play back music. But I can simply use any music player on my computer and MADRIX should be able to pick up the audio signal (according to my audio configuration).

Do you have a training page or video on how to use the above with MADRIX?

thANKS
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi trinidad,

First, please set up "Stereo Mix" in Windows and in MADRIX as explained here: http://help.madrix.com/hidd_before_star ... ation.html

This option combines each input and recording source of Windows and will help you get started.

Second, activate the "Audio" button on the MADRIX user interface: http://help.madrix.com/hidd_before_star ... alyse.html

Third, use a music player on your computer to play back audio tracks.
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

[quote="Dannenberg"]Hi trinidad,

Thanks Dannenberg! I will review them. question what is the new/current Madrix License number?

I found this page that they are selling Madrix for $413.46 but i don't know which Madrix product is. before i buy it i want to know the new or current version of the MADRIX STARTING LICENSE KEY SOFTWARE PACKAGE.
http://madrix.software.informer.com/
Please take a look and advice.
thanks