How would you create effects shown on your home page?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

MarkC

How would you create effects shown on your home page?

Post by MarkC »

On the Madrix homepage there are two very nice looking effects - one in each window - that I'd really like to recreate. Is there an example someplace that shows how those are created? I looked through the example files shipped with Madrix and I didn't see those two.

I know you can do some amazing things combining layers and effects. At least some people can - I'm not so good at it (yet)...

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Mark
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: How would you create effects shown on your home page?

Post by Wissmann »

Hi MarkC,

if you give us a hint where on our website you have seen the effects your are interested in we like to explain here how it works.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

It's a picture on the home page when you go to www.madrix.com. It's a picture on the right side of the page above the phrase "FREE DEMO VERSION" and the picture also links to the demo download.

The picture has mirroed fire on the left window, and in the rigth window some kind of multi-colored spiral.

Hopefully that helps describe which one I'm talking about ?

Thanks again...

Mark
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Ok, thank you.

For the right side check this
http://www.madrix.com/home/support/tuto ... ml#MTCE001

For the left side i think ist is a S2L EQ Effect and not a SCE Fire Effect.
However to mirror you have to use the Map Dialog (click the Map Button in the effect area).
Inside the Map dialog you set up a "size y" of 60% for example in the tile section ( right side) and than use "mirror v" in the tile section as well.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
caydaAtes

Post by caydaAtes »

Hello!

Thanks for your request.

You are quite right. Direct IP mode is much preferable to Broadcast, especially when running a lot of DMX universes. Broadcast sends data to the whole network, while Direct IP specifically targets nodes with those particular IP addresses. As a result, Direct IP mode uses a lot less data traffic over the network.