iPhone App connection issues

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Iain Thompson

iPhone App connection issues

Post by Iain Thompson »

Hi all

I have a Plexus setup and running all ok but I'm struggling to connect the iPhone App via WiFi.

I've followed the instruction on the App page in iTunes. Is there any more help available ?

Thanks
Iain
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: iPhone App connection issues

Post by Fritzsche »

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your inquiry!

Can you please check if the IP address of the PLEXUS is set correctly for the App? To do so, please call up the general iOS Settings App > Scroll down to PlexusRemote and tap it > and then enter the correct IP under PLEXUS IP.

Please let us know if this helps!
Thank you very much!
Iain Thompson

Post by Iain Thompson »

Yes I've checked the IP address is correct in the iPhone and I've tried several different addresses. I've also tried 2 different wifi boxes.

The serial number of my plexus is 000029 and it is version 1.6 firmware 1.07.4369

I have also tried unsuccessfully to access the Plexus via internet browsers on an iPhone, iPad and laptop.

It's worth noting that I'm also running a 52 universe Madrix installation which I have no problem connecting to with iOS devices and internet browsers.

Please help resolve this as wifi remote control was a key factor in choosing your product and the club owner is very unhappy that it's not working.

Thanks
Iain
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hello Ian,

I understand and we will do our best to help you.

Can you please let us know the different settings of your devices?

1) How is your WiFi configured (IP address range, Subnet Mask, Gateway)?

2) Which IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway is set up for the computer?

3) Which IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway is set up for the PLEXUS?

Thank you very much!
jldevries

Post by jldevries »

Was this issue ever fixed? I have my iPhone connected to the same wifi network as my Plexus and am using the correct IP address, but when I load the app it doesn't load any scenes and disconnects from the Plexus after about 20-30 seconds. I also purchased the Plexus for the sole purpose of being able to change scenes via an iPhone app and am installing the system tomorrow, so I need a solution.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello jldevries,
Thank you for reporting the bug.
The bug is based in the firmware of the PLEXUS and not in the iOS app.
We can reproduce the bug only on a PLEXUS with the firmware 1.09.6299.
But you can update the PLEXUS to the previous firmware and you should not have the problem.
To update the firmware of the PLEXUS please open the "MADRIX PLEXUS Updater". You will find the "MADRIX PLEXUS Updater" in "Microsoft Windows" under "Start > All Programs > MADRIX 3 > Tools".
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!
We have released MADRIX V3.6c, which also includes a new firmware for PLEXUS devices. This update should fix the issue.
Thank you very much!
LyricGeorge

Post by LyricGeorge »

I had an issue with this last year sometime but can confirm it got fixed as support said! Great job guys!
[URL removed by Moderator. Thank you.]
To infinity and beyond