Madrix with LED Strips! HEEELPPP!

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

fercorera

Madrix with LED Strips! HEEELPPP!

Post by fercorera »

Hi, I'm a DJ in Argentina.
I'm looking to manufacturing me a DJ booth, which is kind of LED screen.
My idea is to make it with strips of LED.
I find LED strips that are DMX and others that are managed by CI protocol.
My question is whether these LED strips that are managed with protocol IC can be controlled with the Software Driver MADRIX and by that I can use it to generate a nice LED display.
Someone could help me? Since the IC strip is much more economical than DMX. I would like to use it, but it is vital that I can control with MADRIX because I think the best of all software.

I hope your answer! Thank you!
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Re: Madrix with LED Strips! HEEELPPP!

Post by Hertel »

Hi fercorera,

Thank you very much for your kindest words about the MADRIX software!

MADRIX supports many well-known industry standards, such as DMX512, DVI, Art-Net, Streaming ACN (E1.31), the Philips Color Kinetics (KiNet) and Insta/ROBE protocols, Eurolite T9, and ColourSmart Link. Because the MADRIX software don't support the IC strip / IC protocol you are not able to control the IC strips with MADRIX.

Go for the DMX512 controllable LED strips and have fun with the MADRIX software.

All the best.
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager
led custom

Post by led custom »

FERCORERA HELLO!!! I THINK YOU NEED A DMX DECODER FOR YOUR IC STRIP, FIRST YOU NEED TO KNOW WICH IIC YOU ARE USING AND SECOND YOU NEED TO FIND THE DMX DECODER FOR YOUR IIC STRIP AND THAN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR STRIPS VIA DMX WITH MADRIX. (IIC IS CHEAPER BECAUSE IT FLICKS OR GLICHTS, DMX IS MORE RELIABLE)IF YOU NEED MORE HELP HIT ME UP CARDESCALONA@GMAIL.COM
neilric99

Post by neilric99 »

I use many types of rgb pixel strip and 12mm pixels in my setup. As they are based on the WS2801 IC (plus many others) I use a controller which can be driven from sACN(E1.31), Artnet or even DMX, Madrix supports all of these.

The most useful and cost effective sACN controller to pixel SPI is from http://www.j1sys.com/ecg-p12r or for something more commercial go to http://www.stellascapes.com
riri7707

Post by riri7707 »

Hi,
I can confirm SaCN devices like J1sys ones works perfectly with Madrix.
Personnaly I use WS2801 chip modules and this is perfect.
Hope this helps :wink:
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

@riri7707 Thank you very much for the information and your help. It is appreciated. :D
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager
adamconant

Post by adamconant »

LED strips usually is not so easy to handle,you have to consider the compatibility between it and the software,I have DIY {edited by Christian Hertel - Please do not advertise your products here.} before, and for the non-compatibility,which caused a failure ever I have had forgotten. It just burned out to fire.
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

@adamconant if you want to sell your LED bulbs you are wrong here. Your comment was not very helpful.
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager
kevinle

Post by kevinle »

I am using RGB strings which use the WS2801 chips. they are being driven via E1.31 (sACN) Gateway devices that drive the Pixel nodes directly.
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

Please tell me more about the E1.31 (sACN) Gateway devices. Where do you bought your E1.31 (sACN) Gateways?
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager