Mapping Orion Switch(es) to trigger S1P1 (for eg) via Artnet

Moderator: MADRIX Team

andrewpsyc

Mapping Orion Switch(es) to trigger S1P1 (for eg) via Artnet

Post by andrewpsyc »

Hi,

I am completing and architectural installation and would like to give the client manual switches to trigger various scenes in Madrix. Specifically I am thinking of using the ORION via a dry input or 0-10input to manually trigger for eg. Left panel storage 1 Position 1.

I currently use Http commands at most sites but wanted to go to a manual trigger. Is this possible and is the ORION the best way to do this (via Artnet). Can you assist with a brief how to in mapping the input to the desired output say Left deck S1P1 ?

Thank you.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Mapping Orion Switch(es) to trigger S1P1 (for eg) via Artnet

Post by Schulze »

Hi andrewpsyc,

This is exactly what MADRIX ORION was designed for.

Orion converts analog input signals (switches, sensors potentiometers,..) into Art-Net or sACN signals for remote control/triggering purposes.

After you connected MADRIX ORION via Ethernet, please call the web configuration page by entering the IP of the device in your webbrowser. Make sure that the used PC and the ORION are working in the same IP Address range. At the ORION configuration page you have to set the "Measure Function" according to the input equipments voltage characteristics. Because of the wide range of input equipment and thus different electronic specifications, it is hard to exactly say, which "Measure Function" you will need to use.

Here you can learn more on how to connect and configure your input equipment:
http://help.madrix.com/qsg/Quick_Start_MADRIX_ORION.pdf
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/h ... orion.html

After you correctly connected the switch and changed the needed settings, you are ready to configure the desired input settings in MADRIX. Therefore:

1) Please select "Preferences" > "Device Manager..." > "Art-Net" and search for the ORION.
2) After you found the ORION you have to enable it in the "DMX Devices" tab. In the next step you go to "DMX Input" tab select the enabled port of the ORION and activate "Remote".
3) Now please select "User" as "Remote Control Protocol" and click "Edit". An empty "Remote Editor" should be opened. If the "Remote Editor" is not empty, please click "New".
4) In the "Remote Editor" you can click the "+" button and select "Deck A" > "Place ID" as "Function". Now a new line will be added to the list and you are able to configure it. In the column "DMX Channel" you can set the desired DMX channel for remote control.
5) Enter "0" (for Storage Place 1, value starts with "0") as "MAX value", leave the "MIN value" as it is ("0").
6) In the last step you need to check the value for the column "Execute", since it has to be "Value Changed". If you now press the switch, SP 1 should be called.

Under the following link you can learn more about the DMX Remote Editor:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... ditor.html

I hope this helps you.
andrewpsyc

Post by andrewpsyc »

Great - thanks for the reply Shulze. Would i also be correct to assume that @ step 5 if i wanted to trigger storage place 2, i would do as per below?

Enter "1" (for Storage Place 2, value starts with "1") as "MAX value", leave the "MIN value" as it is ("1").

Thank you :)
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi andrewpsyc,

Yes, this is correct. For Storage Place 2 enter "1" as MAX/MIN value. You can also leave the "MIN value" at "0" and only change the "MAX value" to "1".
andrewpsyc

Post by andrewpsyc »

Hi Shulze,

I just got my Orion and have configured as per the attached link to screenshot https://microngroup-my.sharepoint.com/: ... g?e=2JCsVw
- Can you please tell me if this is correct ?

Thank you.
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi andrewpsyc,

You need to assign different DMX channels for each Storage Place.
Attachments
DMX_Remote.PNG
DMX_Remote.PNG (29.23 KiB) Viewed 59778 times
andrewpsyc

Post by andrewpsyc »

Hi Schulze,

I have done all this (as per your image) and have attached a variable voltage supply for testing to the Orion on Port 1, V+ & Pin1 as per this image https://microngroup-my.sharepoint.com/: ... KiGzxO8p-Q

I have attached positive to V+ and negative to Pin1. The Variable supply can provides the following readouts on the measured pin voltage on the ORION 2.9v, 4.1v, 5.7v, 6.8v. I am a little stuck. I thought if I vary the voltage between these points I will be activating the storage places in Madrix. Can you please explain how I can assign these specific 4x Pin Voltage's to trigger 4x groups in Madrix. The intention is to complete testing the use a 0-10v supply on the various pins to trigger multiple groups. Your help will be much appreciated as I don't seem to be getting anywhere :)
andrewpsyc

Post by andrewpsyc »

Sorry Schulze by groups I mean storage positions i.e. S1P1 etc :)
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi andrewpsyc,

The easiest way would be to use different pins for each Storage Place.

If you want to trigger the Storage Places via a single pin (for example with a potentiometer) you will need to adjust the voltage limit and the DMX value range in the web configuration page.
Adjusting the voltage limit may be tricky, but you can find out the correct limits by try and error.

In the attached screenshot (ORION_Limit_Settings.jpg) you can see a examplary configuration to trigger Storage Place 1 to 4:
- I adjusted the voltage limits by trying out different values.
- I have set the DMX value from 0 to 3 in order to trigger Storage Place 1 to 4.
- In my example I created a new DMX-IN Configuration in MADRIX 5. The "Function" is "Deck A Place ID" and I entered "255" as MAX value and I left the MIN value at 0. (see screenshot "DMX-IN config.jpg")

I hope this helps you.
Attachments
ORION_Limit_Settings.jpg
ORION_Limit_Settings.jpg (430.65 KiB) Viewed 59499 times
DMX-IN config.JPG
DMX-IN config.JPG (44.62 KiB) Viewed 59499 times
andrewpsyc

Post by andrewpsyc »

Hi Schulze,

I have ordered a more accurate 0-10v generator (should arrive in approx7-10days). I will start experimenting and get back to you with my progress. Thank you for all the help so far :)