Search found 34 matches

by cg
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:21 pm
Forum: Experiences and 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Madrix on weak computers
Replies: 3
Views: 45182

Re: Madrix on weak computers

ok, thanks - this seems to have a little influence as well. Just to give an example, I "successfully" tried a very old laptop as backup machine: AMD AthlonXP 1600 (single core) with 512MB Ram, WinXP This works with about 80% CPU load for a complete DMX universe, audio analysis with ASIO US...
by cg
Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 pm
Topic: Madrix on weak computers
Replies: 3
Views: 45182

Madrix on weak computers

Just some hints for running madrix on small / slow / weak computers - be it a backup machine or for small (DMX) setups. Also on "normal" setups this might be of interest in order to save energy. If this topic has been covered somewhere already or from developers point of view something is ...
by cg
Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:52 pm
Forum: Wishes and Feature Requests
Topic: DMX Watcher
Replies: 1
Views: 38591

DMX Watcher

if you change Win7 to use larger fontsize 125% (what is quite useful on touchscreens) the DMX Watcher does not scale the surrounding window and the last line will be cropped, so you can't see addresses 497-512. There is not even a scrollbar. Normally I use the last channels for remote DMX control, s...
by cg
Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 pm
Forum: Bug Reports
Topic: 2.14e fullscreen refresh
Replies: 5
Views: 63999

Re: 2.14e fullscreen refresh

just sent you 3 files...

on my backup PC there still is Madrix 2.14a installed which fails to open the setup file, but when I use the dmx remote config in any setup there it works without that annoying screen refresh.

thanks in advance...
by cg
Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:48 am

Re: 2.14e fullscreen refresh

thanks for your reply, I'll send details next week (holidays...)

the DMX controller is a GLP scenesetter
by cg
Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:20 am

2.14e fullscreen refresh

I just had the 1st show with v2.14e and there is an annoying issue. I use 5 channels of DMX remote while the GUI stays in full screen mode. Whenever the submaster A or B level is changed via DMX remote nearly the whole screen gets slowly refreshed, leaving the GUI unusable for about a second. Speed ...
by cg
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 am
Topic: Wireless how-to basics
Replies: 2
Views: 37426

Re: Wireless how-to basics

As you mention "FoH" and "Stage" I would say forget anything wireless. With lots of people and nearly everyone with a smarthone inbetwenn all the common wireless networking (2,4GHz) won't work. Might work for setup but not for the show.
by cg
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:27 pm
Topic: script control for fader tool?
Replies: 1
Views: 37808

script control for fader tool?

Is there a way to control the fader tool by script? I wanted to use the storage places to program on / off cues for some discharge lamp color changers. They need a specific DMX value on one channel for 3 seconds. I only found SetPixel(col,x,y) - but that would mean including the control channel into...
by cg
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:17 pm
Topic: Group intensity Masters
Replies: 2
Views: 48161

Re: Group intensity Masters

I'd like to add, that such a feature would be great. Even more if this could be remotely controlled by dmx-in channels.
by cg
Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:26 pm
Topic: tracking mode?
Replies: 4
Views: 54268

Re: tracking mode?

Thanks for your replies, I'll take a look at the layers again. Although I'm already using them and from what I found out so far I don't think, that they allow independent control of different parts of the matrix... The goal is to have some storage places (="cues") that control just the tub...