Search found 18 matches

by MarkC
Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:15 pm
Forum: Experiences and 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Forcing an effect to start at the beginning
Replies: 7
Views: 64340

Forcing an effect to start at the beginning

Hello, - I am controlling Madrix from another program via the DMX input. Each button has a different effect that is triggered at specific points in each song (so the effects are synchonized with the song). - My problem is that some effects do not start at the beginning when you trigger them more tha...
by MarkC
Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:27 pm
Topic: Syncronizing Multiple Madrix Computers
Replies: 2
Views: 33507

Re: Syncronizing Multiple Madrix Computers

OK - I found it under "Backup System" in the help. The heading is a little misleading because although it's main purpose is as a backup in case one computer fails, it also functions to synchronize multiple computers over ethernet. The help file says... "Receive Sync Command From Maste...
by MarkC
Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 am
Topic: Syncronizing Multiple Madrix Computers
Replies: 2
Views: 33507

Syncronizing Multiple Madrix Computers

Someplace I read how to synchronize multiple computers running Madrix. But now I can't find it. I don't remember if it was in a post in this forum, the help file or someplace else. Maybe somebody can point me to where this is documented (unless I am imagining it)?

Thanks in advanced!

Mark
by MarkC
Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:10 am
Forum: Wishes and Feature Requests
Topic: Don't light empty pixels in the preview window
Replies: 5
Views: 53675

Re: Don't light empty pixels in the preview window

Hello,

I just had a chance to try this in beta 2.10 and it works great! It gives a much more accurate feel of what a sparse matrix display will look like. Thanks very much for adding this feature!

Mark
by MarkC
Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:03 pm
Topic: Don't light empty pixels in the preview window
Replies: 5
Views: 53675

Don't light empty pixels in the preview window

Greetings, My example might help explain. We have a customer who has an 81x83 grid. Of the 6723 positions only about 800 of them actually contain pixels. It's an artistic thing with the pixels placed somewhat at random. So I mapped the pixels into their right spots on the bigger grid. When an effect...
by MarkC
Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:08 pm
Topic: Triggering Multiple Cue Lists
Replies: 10
Views: 103889

Re: Triggering Multiple Cue Lists

Yes - cue lists could remain the same as they are today - a list of storage places. My main interest is in being able to trigger different ones based on an external trigger (like DMX-IN).

Mark
by MarkC
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 am
Topic: Triggering Multiple Cue Lists
Replies: 10
Views: 103889

Triggering Multiple Cue Lists

I would like to be able to trigger a cue list from one of the DMX remote controls. One solution would be the ability to assign a cue list to a store. So a store could contain either an effect (like it does not) or a cue list. Then that cue list could be triggered either manually or through the DMX-I...