Search found 33 matches

by neilric99
Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 pm
Forum: Experiences and 'How To' - Questions
Topic: static layer maps
Replies: 3
Views: 42070

Re: static layer maps

thanks Wissmann for the workaround that I will use for this year.

I have added this to the features requests
by neilric99
Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:22 pm
Forum: Wishes and Feature Requests
Topic: Static Layer maps
Replies: 2
Views: 49071

Static Layer maps

I want to be able to store my matrix map elements for easier use in layers I have a number of display elements (matrix, megatree, lightpoles) that I have mapped my elements of various sizes onto 150 x 100 matrix, how do I store the elements as seperate areas on the master map so that I can easily se...
by neilric99
Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 am
Topic: static layer maps
Views: 42070

static layer maps

How do I store my matrix map elements for easier use in layers I have a number of display elements (matrix, megatree, lightpoles) that I have mapped my elements of various sizes onto 150 x 100 matrix, how do I store the elements as seperate areas on the master map so that I can easily select the ele...
by neilric99
Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:59 pm
Topic: LED Stripes
Replies: 4
Views: 50295

Re: LED Stripes

As well as the RGB digital strip using the WS2801 chips you may want to look at the RGB pixel's. mrpackethead shows this off really good with the 2009 version of a christmas tree which is controlled via Madrix basic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAt6A98lXQw http://www.stellascapes.com is a good pl...
by neilric99
Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:05 am
Topic: sACN (E1.31) output
Views: 42358

Re: sACN (E1.31) output

thanks Dieter, I like those 3 solutions and will work out which one works best for me

I suspect that currently I have a setting somewhere in the contoller that need to set htp, not sure if I can currently do that, but will try that first
by neilric99
Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am
Topic: sACN (E1.31) output
Views: 42358

sACN (E1.31) output

Can I disable/enable the E1.31 output from madrix via script? I want to be able to pause the output (blackout) to the pixels, but just sending them to black keeps outputting the blackout command, when disabled output I want to send commands from another sequencing program to my pixel matrix or what ...
by neilric99
Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:51 pm
Topic: What LED's are you using??
Views: 37975

Re: What LED's are you using??

I am using RGB Letter panel strings which use the WS2801 chips, as well as RGB 5050 nodes. both being driven via E1.31 (sACN) Gateway devices that drive the Pixel nodes directly.
by neilric99
Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:05 pm
Topic: RGB Led Strips Connecting to DMX512 Controller
Views: 40690

Re: RGB Led Strips Connecting to DMX512 Controller

One group who have done quite a lot of work with these RGB strips is http://www.auschristmaslighting.com, they have a great forum and are on the bleeding edge of the RGB technology for christmas lighting displays. I personally have 1500 RGB 8mm pixels connected to 8 DMX to pixel controllers and bein...
by neilric99
Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:36 pm
Topic: ACN output questions
Replies: 9
Views: 72219

Re: ACN output questions

I think Simons comments are valid and E1.31 does not support Unicast IP, however the need to route the E1.31 to a different Network Adapter is valid, especially for the larger installations where load is a problem from a single NIC, or if someone needs to use the same LAN as everything else. I curre...
by neilric99
Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:17 am
Topic: ACN output questions
Replies: 9
Views: 72219

Re: ACN output questions

you are right about standards Simon, Just like Microsoft everyone wants them but they tend to stray and do their own thing as well, as long as the product still works within the base of the standard then all is ok, and you are right that not every manufacturer is going to implement it or should they...