Madrix UI freezes when switching between cues

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

awpross

Madrix UI freezes when switching between cues

Post by awpross »

I just upgraded from 3.0 to 3.2. and now, madrix randomly freezes when switching between cues. Output and preview is still running but madrix UI is completely blocked with "no response" message in the headline.

I tried on two different PCs with the same result. The same Setup was running on the previous version without problem.

Current Setup:
Windows 8.1
Madrix 3.2
Core i7 / i5
Just DVI Output (512*128 Pixel)

Previous Setup:
Windows 8.0
Madrix 3.? (The version which was current at August 2013)

Any Ideas?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix UI freezes when switching between cues

Post by Guertler »

Hello awpross,
I am sorry to hear about this problem.
Occurs this issue always at the same cue and only randomly after different cycles of the cue list or occurs it always at random cues?
Can you please send us the created setup and a permanently saved logfile to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
To save the logfile please go in MADRIX, to "Tools > Logfile > Save Permanently" and enter a name for the Logfile.
Please let MADRIX run and play the Cue List until MADRIX freeze.
Thank you.
awpross

Re: Madrix UI freezes when switching between cues

Post by awpross »

First, the good news: There is no problem when starting a new setup or when loading one of the sample setups.

I think there could be two reasons for the problem.
1. My setting file is corrupt for some reason.
2. There is something in my setup which causes the freeze in the new version of Madrix which doesn't occur in the old version.

The freeze seems to be random. I even couldn't tell if it is because I select another cue or if it has already been frozen some time before. I only know that it is impossible to call more than 10 cues without the freeze.

I will try to import my current settings into a new one storage by storage. Maybe I will be able to find the point at which the problem starts.