Possible bug with the Blitz button in the middle

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

blankcat

Possible bug with the Blitz button in the middle

Post by blankcat »

Hello, I want to consult about a possible bug with the master Blitz button.
Sometimes it works as expected, but it is not a predictable behaviour. There are moments, when while mixing different programs from both sides and I try to use the button I can see the effect performing in the middle window of MADRIX, but not actually happening on the devices.

I am using the same setup every time, not changig anything, just loading it, and it works when it wants. There are moments, when after a period of time not working, the Blitz starts to listen, and then after some minutes it is off again.

Could it be something in my setup file, that interferes, or I should look into the hardware setup that I have?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Possible bug with the Blitz button in the middle

Post by Wissmann »

Hi blankcat, welcome to the forum,

Sounds strange, what is your main mix frequency and what kind of devices you are using (dmx or dvi). In case of dmx what kind of devices and what are the sending framerate of this devices.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
blankcat

Post by blankcat »

Greetings Wissmann, my devices are only DMX. I have two 2 Colordreamer CD-NET A16 conected via LAN on one switch, controlling overall of 27 universes with 3D vertical tubes LEDWALKER and few DMX512 decoders DE8024.

If by "main mix frequency" you're refering to the Main Mix in the Performance tab of the Options, then it is default, set to 50 FPS. The Main output Strobe is set to 16.7Hz.

The framerate of all Art-Net devices is set to 30, below the FPS shows 33.3 and the Full Frames box is unchecked. Checking the box makes no difference.

The button surely work after a fresh start of the computer, and after a while stops.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Did it stop working or get a delay so it seams not to work correctly?

Do you send the data in broadcast or direct ip mode?

And which MADRIX version you use?
blankcat

Post by blankcat »

Sorry for the late reply.

Madrix is 3.2

Direct IP is used for all universes.

After a fresh start of the computer it works as expected, but then some time passes and it stops, 5-10 mins, it's different every time.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi blankcat,

currently i gues it is something with your network switch, because if you see the correct result in the middle but not on the devices it seams like a issue with your hardware.
Can you realize a different behavior with the effects running by MADRIX as well after a while. I mean did you feal the framerate is dropping at your devices or the effects react later like to the beginning.

What kind of network switch you are using? Do you have the possibility to change the switch for a test?
blankcat

Post by blankcat »

The switch is ZyXEL ES-105A v2 and nothing seems wrong with it. I haven't tested with another model, but soon will do.

The last test showed that the problem, yet strange to me, might be from another program that is used for controling other devices - MAC Beams and CO2 jets. It's Martin's LightJockey. However, the program controls them via USB, so I am wondering how this could interfere with the LAN connection. Could there be a problem with the USB drivers?

After a fresh start of both programs for few minutes the blitz is working, then stops.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

The Lightjockey did not send data by LAN?
blankcat

Post by blankcat »

No, the controller is conected to a USB port. That's why it's strange to me what might be causing the conflict
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

I think the first you have to make sure if there is a relation between the strobe issue and running Lightjockey.
Please run MADRIX without Lightjockey and figure out if the issue still exists.