Upgrading from 2 Neos to Luna 16. Setup help

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

TerlinguaEd

Upgrading from 2 Neos to Luna 16. Setup help

Post by TerlinguaEd »

Hi,
I currently have two Neo units but am moving up to Luna 16 with the Basic Key.
I hooked it up last night and it is not controlling the lights. I have downloaded and installed the Luna driver but nothing is changing on the lights.
We are using LED tubes that each have the settings at 24 channels per tube (with the Luna we are going to up it to 48 channels per tube) but want to get it working at all first.
Do we need to create a patch?
Is something not hooked up correctly?

Any advice or suggestions would be a great help at this point...thanks in advance!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Upgrading from 2 Neos to Luna 16. Setup help

Post by Guertler »

Hello TerlinguaEd,
How is the LUNA 16 connected? Via USB or via Art-Net?
If it is connected via USB please check if MADRIX will load the driver. Therefor please start MADRIX and go to "Preferences > Options...", now switch to the "Devices USB" tab and have a look if the checkbox "MADRIX LUNA" is enabled. If not please enable it and click "OK".
Now please go to the "Device Manager" ("Preferences > Device Manager") and click "Rescan for Devices" at the "DMX Devices" tab.
If the LUNA is connected via Art-Net please check if Art-Net is enabled in MADRIX. Please go to the Art-Net tab of the "Device Manager" and have a look if the "Art-Net" checkbox is enabled.
I hope this little instruction will help you.
TerlinguaEd

Post by TerlinguaEd »

We have managed to get it that far but when trying to get it to control the lights nothing happens.
It is connected via USB.
Do we need to 'create' our fixtures perhaps? They are not a 'name brand' so that is why I was curious...
Each fixture has a maximum of 48 channels (16 RGB) per meter.

Thanks in advance.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello TerlinguaEd,
You have also to create a patch which includes all the fixtures which you want to control with MADRIX. You can create the patch with the help of the Matrix Generator or with the MADRIX Patch.
In the following links you can learn how you can create a patch:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... patch.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... tures.html
When you create the patch with the Patch window in MADRIX please pay attention that you will assign the desired fixtures to the right DMX universe and DMX channel.