audio wish beat detect

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

cg

audio wish beat detect

Post by cg »

For the new year I have a wish to extend the great audio functions by a rather simple "beat detect".

Imagine for instance a color table that changes to the next color by detecting an impulse. Or a color scroll, that advances only with an audio impulse. I'm being asked for such effects in Madrix quite often and have not yet found a way to offer them.

20 years ago that was possible with the MA scancommander and lighcommmander. They have 3 controls: level, frequency (a bandpass filter) and hold. The latter is really important to avoid annoying flickering if there is to much level.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: audio wish beat detect

Post by Guertler »

Hello cg,
Thank you for the input.
We will discuss it with the developers.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi cg,

first i whish a happy new year.

thank you very much for your hints and requests.

Please explain what you mean or expect with hold-
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
cg

Post by cg »

"hold" is the time for how long the detector waits until the next impulse can be triggered by reaching the audio level in the selected frequency band.

Or with other words: as soon as an impulse is triggered the detector will be blocked for the "hold" time.

If you adjust this to react to a kick drum and once in a while there is a bass synth reaching the same level the sound to light function will not go crazy but might stay in rhythm.

Generally I'm looking for something like a chaser on a lighting console that is triggered by sound in a reliable manner. Hopefully you understand what I mean :-)