Where do i find the fixture editor

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

dgleig

Where do i find the fixture editor

Post by dgleig »

Hi There,

I am waiting on a Madrix Ultimate key arriving this week for an upcoming project we are installing with Madrix.

While I am waiting I am trying to create our project in the demo software. In doing this I need to create a custom fixture. From reading the manual I understand that this needs to happen in the fixture editor. I cannot find how to open the fixture editor or where to download this from if its not part of the software? I am using the latest Madrix 3 software which i downloaded last week.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lastly if I have LED fixtures in both a horizontal and vertical orientation is there a rotate mode or do I need to create 2 separate fixtures? One for Horizontal and one for vertical?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Dave :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Where do i find the fixture editor

Post by Guertler »

Hello dgleig,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
You will find the MADRIX Fixture Editor in Windows under "Start > All Programs > MADRIX 3 > Fixture Editor".
In the following links you can learn more about the Fixture Editor and how you can create a new fixture:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/fixtureeditor/index.html

http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... ditor.html

http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... xture.html
When you want to patch a fixtrues in MADRIX you will be able to rotate the desired fixtrue in 90° steps. So it is not necessary to create 2 seperate fixtures for horizontal and vertical.
dgleig

Post by dgleig »

Hi Guertler,

Thanks for the support. I have found the fixture editor after re-installing the software and this seems to work fine.

I have worked out how to rotate the fixtures on an X and Y plane. My design has LED Tubes configured in multiple 3d cubes stacked 9 wide(x), 6 high(y) and 3 deep(z). This is a 3D space with fixtures rigged horizontal, vertical and then also upstage/downstage through the (z) plane which creates the depth of the cubes.

I am wondering how to make a fixtures go horizontally back through the (z) plane without having to allow for fixtures in all 90 layers. If I was to draw this in Vectorwork's I could rotate a 3d view to position the tubes in the 3d Voxel. This seems a little hard to do in Madrix which I though was very capable at 3D spaces which is why I think I am missing something.

Any help would be great. If you need to see a render of the design I can also do this.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello dgleig,
When you want to patch a horrizontal line in Z direction I would recommend to create a new fixture with the help of the MADRIX Fixture Editor. This new fixture must have a reolution of X=1, Y=1 and Z = your desired amount of pixels.
Of course you can send us some drawings of your project. Please send the drawings via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
Thank you.