Large Matrix/Voxel Size. Software Crashing

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

dgleig

Large Matrix/Voxel Size. Software Crashing

Post by dgleig »

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me if the software should be stable when running a matrix size of 310(x) x 190(y) x 95(z) pixels.

My PC has 16gb Ram, 64bit operating system, Intel Core i7 2.2ghz processor with no other software other than the windows 8 OS running.

When ever I patch a Voxel/Matrix at the size listed above the software seems really unstable.

Any help would be excellent. At this stage I am running the Demo Software to check system requirements before purchasing the ultimate key.

Looking forward to a speedy reply.

Warm Regards,

Dave
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Large Matrix/Voxel Size. Software Crashing

Post by Guertler »

Hello dgleig,
When you want to create a patch of such a big matrix you will need to change the workspace of the patch first. Therefor please start MADRIX and open the Patch Editor (go to "Preferences > Patch Editor"). In the Patch Editor please go to "Preferences > Options". A new window opens. In this window please change the Workspace Width to 310, Height to 190 and the Depth to 95. After you have changed the Workspace you can change the Matrix Size in the Patch Editor.
In total you will create a voxel volume of 5536600 voxels. That means it is more than a 4K resolution.