Use with LightShow Pro

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

urthegman

Use with LightShow Pro

Post by urthegman »

Hello All, I am a new Madrix user and it is an awesome program! I would like to run Madrix effects on Programmable Snowtubes I purchased from http://www.computerizedlighting.com/ using LightShow Pro. I am using an E1.31 controller and 4 Enttec Pro controllers, one as the input and three as output. I know it can be done using Light O Rama and they are advertised to work with LightShow Pro, but I am having a hard time getting LightShow Pro and Madrix to communicate. I can get LightShow Pro to control the tubes directly and I can get Madrix to control the tubes. I have spoken to the vendor I purchased the Snow tubes and Madrix from and he can not figure out a solution. I have also posted my question on LightShow Pro's website here:http://www.lightshowpro.com/lightshow-s ... ossed.html Do I need to set something up under remote control to get the programs to communicate? Thank you for your help and thank you for creating such a great program, George
neilric99

Re: Use with LightShow Pro

Post by neilric99 »

George, So i take it you have you 3 enttec pro's connected to madrix and 1 to Lightproshow.

so in LSP you need to be able to see the output enttec on a com port and then you can send dmx commands to it.

in Madrix, you have 1 enttec setup as input and defined in the remote control section, and the other 2 enttec's defined as output devices

Personally I use E1.31 for this, here you need to configure an output e1.31 device in the lsp plugin and assign it the correct universe, then i madrix, make one of your sACN devices an input on that same Universe and assign it to the remote dmx control
urthegman

Post by urthegman »

neilric99 wrote:George, So i take it you have you 3 enttec pro's connected to madrix and 1 to Lightproshow.

so in LSP you need to be able to see the output enttec on a com port and then you can send dmx commands to it.

in Madrix, you have 1 enttec setup as input and defined in the remote control section, and the other 2 enttec's defined as output devices

Personally I use E1.31 for this, here you need to configure an output e1.31 device in the lsp plugin and assign it the correct universe, then i madrix, make one of your sACN devices an input on that same Universe and assign it to the remote dmx control
Hey Neil, I have all 4 enttecs connected to Madrix, with like you said, one set up as the input. I am using E1.31 for my Smart Strings and I am getting my DMX signal off of my second Hub. Do I still follow your directions to make one of my sACN devices an input on that same Universe and assign it to the remote dmx control???? Thanks for your help, I am getting frazzled!
urthegman

Post by urthegman »

Could you explain how I " in madrix, make one of your sACN devices an input on that same Universe and assign it to the remote dmx control" ? Make believe I'm real dumb, wait a minute, you don' t have to make believe! LOL No really, I haven't seen anything regarding sACN anywhere in the program. Thanks,George
neilric99

Post by neilric99 »

heres what I would check for in Madrix

1. preferences,options, devices(network), how many sACN devices do you have configured?

2. preferences,devices manager,dmx devices, take one of those sACN devices and make it input and configure it for the Universe.

3. preferences,device manager,dmx input, select the universe and assign the sACN input to it, select the channel mapping and remote mapping options

you can also fire up the dmx watcher in this setup window to verify your setting are correct.
urthegman

Post by urthegman »

I just want everyone to know that Neil was able to adjust the settings in Madrix and got LSP to control Madrix. Somehow thank you doesn't seem like enough! But Thank you very much! George