License changes and upgrades

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ManMartin

License changes and upgrades

Post by ManMartin »

Hello:

We own some Marix key dongles in different clubs.

We are using one dongle with 16 dmx universes (Basic) and we want to double the led installation so we need to upgrade it to the next dmx license level that seems to be 64 universes (Professional).

Also, when we bought our Madrix dongles, in one club we though that the leds they was going to send to us and we want to control was dmx compatible but they really work by copying the Pc computer screen and show whatever is on it , so we need to change one dongle license from 16 universes (Basic) to DVI (that seems to cost the same price)... is it possible??

My third question is that the help file says that it is possible to combine
different licenses to obtain more channels, how this exactly works ? Does this means that two Basic dongles combined are 32 dmx universes?

I posted my questions here and not email you directly cause I suppose many installations around are growing up so this topic can be interesting for other Madrix users too.

You can send me a private email to megatech@terra.es if desired.

Cheers from Spain.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: License changes and upgrades

Post by Wissmann »

Hi,
yes it is possible to change the license on a MADRIX Key.
First case:
You have a basic and need a professional. Firstv you pay for the upgrade at your dealer which is the difference between the basic and the professional license costs.
Next you send us (or your dealer) a rtc file which you can create with MADRIX in the Update MADRIX Key dialog which you fin in the Menu Help->Update MADRIX Key.
After we received the money we send you a rtu file. With this rtu file you are able in the same dialog to change the license of your Key.
Second case:
Changing a basic license to a dvi license is without costs because the price of this two licenses are the same. The procedure is quite the same.
Third case:
Yes you can add multiple MADRIX Keys on one computer, so with this the licenses of the different MADRIX Keys will be added, means two times MADRIX basic KEY makes 32 Universes. Or one basic and one dvi Key means 16 Universes DMX and dvi output is enabled.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Jase1904

Post by Jase1904 »

Hallo,

Ich hátte gerne mehr Infos dazu wie wir einen DMX 16 Universe ( Basic) Dongle in ein DVI Dongle tauschen könnten.
Ich habe den selben Fall wie oben beschrieben und brauche dringend einen DVI Dongle. Der DMX Dongle ist für uns überflüssig....

Vielen Dank
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Schreib doch bitte eine email an info [at] madrix [dot] com.
Die Damen und Herren vom Verkauf werden sich dann darum kümmern.
Günstig wäre wenn Du in Deine Email gleich die MADRIX-Key Nummer mit angibst und am besten sogar eine rtc datei anhängst.
Hierzu in MADRIX in das Menu Help gehen und dort in Update MADRIX Key -> Create RTC File.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Jase1904

Post by Jase1904 »

Super.

Vielen Dank