Newbie trying to setup LED Light Curtain. HELP!!!

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

theclemsonkid

Newbie trying to setup LED Light Curtain. HELP!!!

Post by theclemsonkid »

I am very new to the whole LED light control area, and because of this I'm having some issues getting MADRIX to sync with my specific light curtain. I bought a P9 3m x 2m curtain from the folks at http://www.vision8led.com. They sent me a CD with some very generic software, but I would very much like to use MADRIX instead. I downloaded the free software and attempted to get MADRIX to recognize the curtain, but it acts like it's not there.

When setting up, it asks if I have a DMX or DVI setting, and honestly I don't think it's either? Here is what the plug looks like coming from my curtain

http://www.ledcable.com/products/led-wa ... cable.html

It goes from the curtain into a box labeled "LED light controller", and from there a USB cable comes out that goes into the PC. The software they sent me does work, so I know the curtain is capable of being run, I just need to get MADRIX on the same page as my curtain.

ANY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Newbie trying to setup LED Light Curtain. HELP!!!

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Thanks for visiting our forum!
The information on their website is a bit short, but we'll try to walk you through.

Could you please tell us if you are using the "Vision8 Asyncron Player" or the "Vision8 EasyLink Player" software?

Thanks!
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
theclemsonkid

Post by theclemsonkid »

I honestly don't know. It simply came with a CD that had the software and how to download it. There is no "name" for what it is called. When I look up the properties of the CD, this is what I get:

Type: Application
File Version 2.1.0.1560
Product Name: LED Player
Product Version: 2.1.0.1560
Size: 1.35 MB
Date Modified: 11/18/2011 3:29am
Language: Chinese Simplified
Original Filename: RGB111019B.exe

If there is any other kind of information that I can look up, please let me know, and I will certainly do that for you! Thank you so very much for trying to help me get this figured out, I really do appreciate the support!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Okay, no problem.

On their website in the Downloads section, you can download 2 PDF files including screenshots. Can you please have a look if your software matches one of those?

In addition, I feel like this is a support request that may take longer than expected. If you want, we can handle everything by e-mail (please send to info[at]madrix.com). I will update this thread once we found the solution.

Thank you very much!