video unlock with neos

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rodericwilson

video unlock with neos

Post by rodericwilson »

Hello

i have a 288 rgb dmx controlled LED lightbox/lightwall that uses only 2 universes with which i use 2 of my neos to run .
a client asked me could we output the very low resolution simple madrix effects as video because he has no space for my lightwall .

when you output as video you get the cross rotating .
is it not possible to have just these 2 universes unlocked for projection purposes seeing i have paid for the 2 universes ?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: video unlock with neos

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Roderic,

Thank you for your inquiry. To unlock DVI output with 2 NEOs is not possible.

Currently, there is a separation of DMX-based output and DVI-based output. (Both are just "joined" in the high-end MADRIX KEY professional and ultimate packages.)

The separation mainly came from technical standpoints and development matters.

DMX-based output with the NEO for example includes the license for 512 DMX channels, incl. DMX512, Art-Net, KiNet, Insta/ROBE, Streaming ACN.

Since the NEO -literally- is a DMX512 output interface, the DMX-based license makes sense.

For your project, it would be a nice addition to output DVI for sure, but it wouldn't make too much sense in our product range.

We have a MADRIX KEY dvi start for such kind of DVI output that even has a different price point. Buying 2 NEOs, when you can have this version is probably not something someone would do. And allowing both DMX-based and DVI-based output for the lower end of the product range is not intended at this point. It would increase prices for the products, although not everyone would need both output types.

We think that the NEO is already a great package of reliable hardware unit on the one hand, as well as software and software license on the other, at a fair price point.

I am not saying that we won't continue to look at the products, but currently DVI output is not available for MADRIX NEOs.

Please let me know if you have further questions! Thanks!