Recommended PC Laptop?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

megamike

Recommended PC Laptop?

Post by megamike »

Hello hello! I'm new to the world of Madrix and lighting in general. I've ordered a curtain from http://www.showvisionled.com/ and I'm trying to choose the best suggested PC laptop for my set up. My curtain's specs are:

- dimensions = 12' X 4'

- pixel count = 48 X 16

- pitch = 75mm

Not sure if there's any other info you all need. But, I'm just trying to get a feel of what type of PC everyone else is using and from your experience what you all would suggest. I've read the minimum system requirements and understand that the software is very processor heavy. But, again just wanted to get some opinions and suggestions to help me make a better buying decision. Thanks in advance!!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Recommended PC Laptop?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Thanks for taking the time researching this topic!

The minimum system requirements will do for your current specs. A pixel resolution of 48x16 is not too high.
I can verify that it runs with no issues at all on an Intel 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of RAM, just to give you an idea.

But maybe you can try to think ahead? What requirements will you have in the future? Will your setup grow?

I would also recommend to wait for next week. There will be an announcement and some things will change with regards to this.

Thanks!