Help... Madrix matrix -

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

zeighty

Help... Madrix matrix -

Post by zeighty »

Hi Everyone!
I am new to Madrix and I need help understanding a thing or two concerning matrixes. Below are some facts about what I have done so far.
  • I am using Madrix to control LOR controllers for a Christmas light show.
    I have my matrix setup for 1 channel generic light.
    The matrix is 8 X 4 (there are two LOR controllers with 16 channels each).
    I have the matrix set for M2L Interval Drops.
    It looks like all is working well, at least on the Madrix monitors.
Now the hard part: I do not know what each of the channels in the matrix is responding to - they flash they scroll (some stay off). I know it is interval drops, but from channel 1 to 16 I have no idea and cannot seem to find a pattern to help me figure this out.
This is important as I will be using string lights and I have notices that on soft passages I have no action or limited action on some channels.
there are times that there is not action (blank or black channels) depending on the music I play.
The reason this is important is with the use of string lights I need to know if certain channels will respond to lows or highs or whatever.
With this information I can be sure to route my lights to the proper channel (from LOR controller) so there isn't this "hodgepodge" of lights going on and off and blinking with no specific method to the madness.

Please help or point me in the direction that I need to follow.
Thanks zeighty!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Help... Madrix matrix -

Post by Guertler »

Hello zeighty,
When you are using the MADRIX M2L effects you have to know:
The M2L (music to light) effects analyse the frequency of audio input of the desired soundcard in realtime and after this analyse MADRIX represent it at the matrix. So it is not possible to predict.
Please have alos a look to the MADRIX "Audio Performance". Therefor go in MADRIX to "Preferences > Audio Performance". Here you can learn more about the audio analyse of MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/m2/html/madrix/i ... alyse.html.
In your case maybe the "SCE Drops" effect can help you to get a better result.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
zeighty

Re: Help... Madrix matrix -

Post by zeighty »

Thanks for the help. I reread my question and it was complicated, but I believe you understood what I was saying and now I understand M2L a lot better.

Are there any instructions for sample setups where a song and lights are synchronized. Here is a a link that the US Distributor of Madrix, Inner Circle, posted of a really big Christmas light show in El Paso Tx.
I cannot begin to guess at how this was setup in Madrix, but it seems to me other software had to be involved.

http://vimeo.com/81389480

My show is way smaller.