Problem mapping the ceiling with snake mode

Cristar

Problem mapping the ceiling with snake mode

Post by Cristar »

Hi everyone, I am new in Madrix, so forgive me for some errors that may seem stupid, I have a problem mapping the ceiling of a room, I am currently using 2 Madrix Nebula and I bought the professional Madrix License. for the ceiling, that is a rectangle I am using 12 5meters 60 led/meter Ws2811 12V rgb strips, positioned, as the foto in the drive folder in attachment, in parallel in a snake configuration, to better understand to the first port of nebula is connected the first strip, that then “snake” to the second strip that “snake” into the third and final strip, and so on for port 2 other 3 strips and again for the next nebula. About patching in the drive folder you can see the patch I made, I patched 4 fixtures of 3 (x axis) - 300 (y axis) in snake mode; about addressing every port of nebula is starting from a new universe in dmx channel 1 and all is set correctly in the Nebula web configuration. The problem is that I am not able to achieve a “color scroll” effect from left to right or right to left and the 3 strips works like a single 15m strip as in the video attached in the drive folder. Thanks for the help in letting me know what I am doing wrong. Appreciate all the work you do. Kindly regards
Cristian

Drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-9g0gZ3NC_A3JC3PDPwrnR5baLJUjjOr
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Problem mapping the ceiling with snake mode

Post by Schulze »

Hi Cristar,

Welcome to the MADRIX Forum.

I would assume that the patch is incorrect. I recommend to check the patch using the "Highlight" feature. This allows you to illuminate certain pixels in order to find the correct location. Simply open the Patch Editor and activate the "Highlight" button in the toolbar and click at the desired fixture.

Learn more:
https://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/hidd_preferences_patch.html
Cristar

Re: Problem mapping the ceiling with snake mode

Post by Cristar »

thanks, the problem was in the led strips themselves, they in reality had a different number of pixel/meter than the one indicated in the online shop