Madrix / Enttec

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Bob

Madrix / Enttec

Post by Bob »

I have purchased the Madrix software and I'm trying to get it to work with the Enttec USB Pro.

I'm testing with one Chauvet ColorPanel4 (Atmosphere Slimline LED-panel)

The Enttech box is working and can control the panel through its own utility.

The box is supposed to flash when it's working right, and it does when using the Enttech test utility.

I haven't achieved control in Madrix. Madrix finds the interface. It is enabled and the output light is on, but not full brightness, not as bright as the "enabled" button above it. The input button is not lit.

Is there a way to configure the Enttec DXM USBPRO for use with Madrix?

Madrix lists the Enttech as "Enttec - DMX USB #1"
I know it's supported but am I missing something?

Thanks
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Post by Pinzer »

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry, but this looks like a bug. I have tested it here and must agree with you that there goes something wrong. The problem is, that Enttec have no own vendor and product ID's for their products and we changed something in our last update to recognice the interfaces by this ID's. Now Madrix think that the "DMX Usb Pro" is an "Open DMX USB" and thats why nothing happens.

We will solve this problem as soon as possible, i think in the next few days.
trinidad

Re: ENTTEC DMX USB Pro, LIGHT O'RAMA 16 channel=MADRIX

Post by trinidad »

[quote="Pinzer"]Hi Bob,
Please help! I am new here and with the light toys. I purchased a Light O'rama Controller 16 channel (LOR) and an Ettec DMX USB Pro and both are working fine with my computer; light turn on according to my music sequences; however, i want to buy MADRIX starting Licence software Key package; therefore, my question is:

how does Madrix work with my LOR controller and my Enttec OPEN DMX USB Pro? Can you or one of you please tell me the steps.

Thanks