fellow Light Spreader needs help from you master minds!

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Magnetic MELT

fellow Light Spreader needs help from you master minds!

Post by Magnetic MELT »

SO here is the layout i just got madrix and i have (6) Chauvett COLORRAILS and the ADJ Mega Pixel arch which is 4 arched fixtures attached into a 3ft circle. i have 3 bars on either side of the circle. first question the colorails are in 26channel mode and the mega arch i want to run in 28 channel mode does that matter and how do i do that. i have the 6 colorrails running fine but the circle is the last four of the chain and is just doing crazy things.

then for my controller i have the LIVID OHM RGB controller which doesnt seem to be getting recognized all i can find in the options for controllers is the LIVID OHM 64 which is the older version but has the same exact layout of buttons, any suggestions.
thank you much for any help from one person spreading the light to another
Matty green Magnetic Melt Productions
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: fellow Light Spreader needs help from you master minds!

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi there!

Let's see if we can help you.

1) Fixtures
You will have to tell MADRIX how you have set up your fixtures. For your layout, I would recommend the Patch for this task (Preferences > Patch). You can add, align, and set up everything in there.

But first, please make sure that the fixtures you are going to use are already implemented in the MADRIX Fixture Library. You can edit this library using the separate tool MADRIX Fixture Editor (Learn more: http://help.madrix.com/index.html?hidd_ ... ditor.html).

And yes, it does matter which channel mode you wish to use. The fixtures and their individual modes need to be stored in the MADRIX Fixture Library file. You can contact us at info[at]madrix.com if you need help creating a fixture.

2) MIDI
We will have to distinguish between "MADRIX does not recognize the MIDI controller at all" and "MADRIX has no MIDI map included for the LIVID OHM RGB". MADRIX has certain MIDI maps already preconfigured and ready to use (Learn more_ http://www.madrix.com/en/home/products/ ... di-in.html).

But there is no MIDI map for the LIVID OHM RGB. So if you can activate the device in MADRIX, everything is ok. You can then decide to use the MIDI map for the LIVID OHM 64 or create your own MIDI configuration.

Does that help?
Magnetic MELT

Re: fellow Light Spreader needs help from you master minds!

Post by Magnetic MELT »

yes it does help i will work on it tonight to see how far i get . we leave for ohio in the morning for ROOTWIRE music festival. i work well under pressure thought. thanks again.