tracking mode?

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

cg

tracking mode?

Post by cg »

Hi,

I've been playing around with Madrix for some time now, my main application is small setups (like 4 LED pixel tubes) for standalone operation. So here's my 1st post...

I wonder if there is a way to have madrix work in what is called "tracking mode" on lighting desks? That is any parameter will go on doing what it is doing until it explicitly gets a new command.
From a Madrix point of view I imagine to have some pixels keep running their effects even if a new cue is called that has these pixels mapped out.

Would be useful for the following setup: 4 LED-Pixel Tubes and 4 LED-PARs. There should be some sound effects running for the tubes and some independent static colors for the PARs.

At the moment I have the left and right side of cues mixed equally and with autofade turned off I can run 2 independent playbacks, the mapping cuts out either the tubes or the PARs. It works but only seems like a workaround.

I hope you understand what I mean :-)
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: tracking mode?

Post by Fritzsche »

HI cg,

Welcome!

You can have individual effects on the tubes and PARs by using Layers. Each Storage Place (A1-60 and B1-60) can contain multiple layers. On the other hand, each layer can contain a different SCE, S2L, M2L, or MAS Effect and you can "map" them to different parts of your LED setup.

I would recommend to have a look at the user guide.
Layers: http://help.madrix.com/hidd_user_interf ... rray_.html
Mapping: http://help.madrix.com/hidd_map_dialog.html

Does that help?
cadillackid

Post by cadillackid »

what i do for this exact situation is I copy the storage bin to a new one and then add layers for my other areas of the map..

so for instance you want your tubes to do the exact same thing, but then have your cans change effect.

build a storage bin with Just your tubes and the effect you want them to render.
using map have the tubes effect cover just the area in use by the tubes.
keep that as it is..
copy that bin to a new bin and add the effects for your cans as a new layer. (map this effect to just the cans).
this way when you change bins your tubes never miss a beat and your cans change as you like...

-Christopher
cg

Post by cg »

Thanks for your replies, I'll take a look at the layers again. Although I'm already using them and from what I found out so far I don't think, that they allow independent control of different parts of the matrix...

The goal is to have some storage places (="cues") that control just the tubes and some that control just the par cans. Whenever I touch a storage place the fixtures that are mapped out should go on doing what they are doing...
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

I think you understood quite right. The explicit functionality you are looking for is not yet implemented this way.
Whenever you touch a Storage Place, the fixtures that are mapped out will not go on doing what they were doing.
On the other hand, MADRIX does not try to copy lighting desks. But there are good chances that some options will come in the future.