Master speed faders for effect areas A and B

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

arrowsound

Master speed faders for effect areas A and B

Post by arrowsound »

Hello
we have received Madrix 2.3 new these days. First, we like to use it for live shows for raves and party's.
Away from the great "music to light" and "sound to light" effects, we like to work a lot with the SCE effects. What we are missing, is a way to control the speed of the prepared effect with one master speed value.
When you create a effect with more than one layer, there is actual no way to change the effect speeds for all these layers together.
How should such a speed fader work?
- please create one speed fader for each side for both effect areas "A" and "B"
- the fader must have a very wide fader range, so you easy can go with the beats and breaks of the music
50% fader position means 100% speed = play with the programmed speed
0% fader position means 0% speed = all movements are halted
100% fader position means 500% or 1000% speed = very very fast
- the two speed's should also be present as 2 additional channels in the DMX IN layout
Andreas
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Speedmaster like Submaster?

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Andreas,
thx for your post and great description of your feature request.
I allready expect this question since verison 2.0 of MADRIX ;-)
Unfortunately we does not found the time yet to realize it because of o wide range of differnet features, which was also much important for our customers.
One question. Do you think a fader button like the submaster button would be a solid solution for this feature?
arrowsound

Post by arrowsound »

Hello Sebastian
thank you for your fast response.
When i could define the fader positions, i would place it left and right from the Master and Audio fader for a easy and fast access.
It is up to you if the faders are placed in the effect areas A and B or in the master section.
Please do not make buttons like the Sub buttons, the speeds should be in direct access so a fader with direct viewable values (or position) is the best.
Andreas
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Global Speed Masters for A & B

Post by Wissmann »

OK, as i understand you, global speed master fader for left (A) and right(B) effect pipelines is what you want and therefor i agree with you a visible fader is much more useful, so for example MIDI hardware controler like the Behringer BCD3000 match best with the Pitch fader which work as you described above.
So what i can promise is, we will develop this speed masters as soon as possible.
How we place the new faders on the MADRIX GUI is not clear at this time,
maybe we implement the posibillity to switch the GUI in the lower part of MADRIX, so the master and audio fader will toggle with the new two global speedmaster faders for A and B.
arrowsound

Post by arrowsound »

Hello Sebastian
please look as ther is no toggle. The Audio and Brightness masters are to important as i would like to toggle them away. Placing the faders in the effect areas would visibly assign the fader function to these areas.
Thank you, Andreas
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Andreas,
i understand your opinion and will think about the posibillities to include the new tow speedmaster faders in the GUI. Therefor some bigger changes are necessary.
The aim is to change the GUI not to much so the customers haven
arrowsound

Post by arrowsound »

Hello Sebastian
After a long discussions with our lightning guys, here is another wish of them.
Think on placing a TAB button dirct under the new master time faders so the live operator can easy tab in a beat. The advantage of a TAB button is, as you can also go with every second, fourth our eight beat only. Therfore, a TAB button is often seen on light consoles.
When you rework the timing of the effect areas, it is perhaps not such a effort to add a TAB button too?
Andreas
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Tab Button

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Andreas,
thx again for your cooperation in thinking about improving MADRIX :D
Some effects inside MADRIX like the SCE Color Scroll or MAS Script Effect already have the described tab button, we call it HBT for Human Beat Trigger ;-)
But, if i have a tab button for the speedmaster fader, what does the button should do? Because the speedmaster is something like a factor which means position 50% is factor 1.0 (original speed from the layers) and position 0% means factor 0.0 (no speed no movement == freeze).
If i tab with the button and get for example 120 BPM, what kind of factor this means?
For this i need as like as for the fader position 100% a definition.
For example position 100% = factor 10.0
Or 120 BPM = factor 1.0
I hope you understand my concerning about this kind of tab button.
A different idea i have is to have a button under the speedmaster fader which work like a flash button but in the opposite way, so if i press the button the speedmaster factor is 0.0 and if i leave the button the speemaster factor returns to his previous state.
So i have the posibillity to freeze the effect live maybe to the rythm or special parts from the music.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Realized speedmaster function in V2.5.0.0 BETA

Post by Wissmann »

With the BETA version of MADRIX V2.5.0.1 we realized the speedmaster feature, together with a pause button as described above, manipulation of frames (frameid via jogwheel) and a freeze button for the main output.
please take a look to the beta notes.
http://www.madrix.de/index.php?topic=Beta_Notes_1-1-1-8
for comments to the beta version please use the topic called "BETA 2.5.0.1 comments"
http://www.madrix.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148