Matrix generator are not looking like the patch

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

FredrikD

Matrix generator are not looking like the patch

Post by FredrikD »

Hello,

I have patched a couple of fixtures but when I go to the matrix generator to set some effects, some of the fixtures disappears.

I have for example patched 20 ledwalker tubeleds but in the matrix generator I can only see 16, when I change X and Y values for the fixtures in the patch the first fixtures who where disappeard pops up in the matrix generator but some other fixtures disappears.

It seems like some areas in the matrix generator is "dead pixels"
Are you familiar with this problem or similar problem?

I can explain further or send some pictures if my question is hard to understand.

//
Fredrik
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Matrix generator are not looking like the patch

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

I hope I have understood everything correctly.

The Matrix Generator and the Patch are 2 tools in MADRIX that allow you to tell MADRIX which LED fixtures you want to control.

The Matrix Generator is simpler and only allows you to use 1 type of fixture. The Patch is much more advanced and allows you to freely configure different fixtures if you wish.

But both tools do one and the same: they create a patch file for MADRIX that includes all the fixture information for the virtual LED matrix.

You only need to use 1 tool, the Matrix Generator or the Patch. If you use both tools, this will always influence the other tool.

Now, the real question is: what do you want to achieve? You explain "I go to the matrix generator to set some effects". Why do you think that is necessary?

I would be happy to help you find out what other software features to use in order to get the results you want.

Thanks.
FredrikD

Re: Matrix generator are not looking like the patch

Post by FredrikD »

Hello!

I mixed up the words matrix generator with the effect workspace.
I tried to maximize the Madrix window and I think it was the resolution of the screen, which made me confused.

When I maximized the window all the lights from the patch came up. problem solved.

Thank you for taking the time!