Audio Random Simulation

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ManMartin

Audio Random Simulation

Post by ManMartin »

Hello:

I would like see in Madrix an audio simulation checkbox in the S2L and M2L effects to program them offline, to prevent any audio lost problem o simply to use them as SCE too.

This can be general setting in the Audio tab or a check box in every effect.

Thanks a lot and congratulations for this great software.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Dear ManMartin,
this is a very interesting question, because we allready think about this kind of fact but a little bit different.
In the past we also realized there are some cool S2L or M2L effects i like to use even though i have no audio input.
More and more we develop SCE effects because of this.
So for example the new SCE Shape effect in the MADRIX 2.5.0.1 BETA is a tribut to M2L Single Tone effect.
One fact becomes to be clear.
Each effect we develop is nice to have in SCE, S2L and M2L, so each one have the freedom to decide how the effect is triggert.
Of course one possibility would be first to have a effect and in the second step to decide how the effect is triggert.
On the other hand the split into SCE, S2L and M2L which makes the effects redundant have the advantage to offer a specialized GUI for each case which makes MADRIX so easy to control.
So in our opinion we try to offer in the future each effect in SCE, S2L and M2L.
Of course only in cases which make sense.
In which S2L or M2L effect you are interested in for use without audio?
Do you think it is anymore usefull to have this kind of random generated audio for testing?
ManMartin

Post by ManMartin »

Hello:

I am new with this software and maybe my first impression is not the same as yours: I can see that only 1/3 of the possible effects that the user can select work, and the other 2/3 only work if an audio signal is present.

This can be a hard way to explain it but is like this.

My desire will be a big list of effects where some of them can be triggered by audio and some of them not. Imagine a "Triggered by" option boxes that lets you to select "audio" or "random" or "keyboard" or "midi" or "blabla" in all the existing sound based effects (the options can be different depending of the effects selected).

To not to divide the effects into SCE S2L and M2L can be non familiar to experienced users but I think you are starting to duplicate the similar effects to solve this situation... isn't it?

I think that if I go on using your software I will install winamp and play an endless loop to get your music based effects working but maybe you can find a better solution.

Cheers from Malle.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Thank you very much for your post and the time to explain us your point of view. We are very appreciate this.
As i described in my first post we already think about htis and we agree with your opinion that a slection box for deciding the kind of trigger is one possible solution.
On the other hand we are concerned about the easy to use GerneralUserInterface of MADRIX.
I need different contols for a M2L triggert effect as a S2L or SCE effect.
One possibility is to change the controls by changing the trigger method, but all these makes it more complicate to know about this, it is counterintuitively.
We will think about this twice and because of more and more stock effects by MADRIX in the future we will think carefully about it, for now we made no decission.
Also the second part (generated audio instead of winamp loop), we understand, but i think for now the endless winamp loop is a proper solution because there are a lot of other more important feature we working on.
If more people ask about this feature it will increase the priority.
thx again
bastl
ManMartin

Post by ManMartin »

Maybe you can consider to add a function called SetSoundLevel to the macro list of functions to let the user the possibility to give some random value to this funtion by coding a macro. Sounds an extrange solution but maybe can be used by anyone. I really dont know to code macros, sorry if this post is stupid. Thanks.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Also a nice idea and realy not stupid :!: