New set up

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Hessel

New set up

Post by Hessel »

Dear Madrix expert,

I've searched the forum for more information but cant seem to find it. Because of the great costs with this set up i'm first expanding my knowledge on this system.
I want to setup the system as following:
Madrix basic 16 universes
2x ledwalker 8 universes (lw dmx u8)
90 meters of digital led strip 30 pixels p/m.
I want to cut the 90 meters of strip in to different lengts differing from 3m to 1,5m. In total it will be 45 strips. They will be hung at the celing in a ''star'' shape starting in the middle center point end ending on the outsides. This will form a oval shape with the different lengts of strip all verticaly beside each other.
The follwing questions come to mind:
-is it able to pixelmap this shape in Madrix, since it isnt a sqaure shape but an oval shape.
-To utilyse all the dmx channels per universe i want te ''snake'' the 90ms of strip starting a new connection every 512 channels (+/- every 5,7m). Is this possible or do you have to see al the 45 strips as 1 fixture each to map it correctly in Madrix.

I'm hoping you are able to respond to these questions since I'm verry keen on building this setup in my club in the Netherlands. Responding by email is also good. Thank you.

Greetings Hessel
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: New set up

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Hessel,

Welcome!

In general, I would recommend to contact our Dutch partners and distributors. They can help you for sure!

For example, you can contact InventDesign (http://www.madrix.com/home/where-to-buy ... urope.html)

But I will also try to answer your questions here. And I hope I understood you correctly.

1. Yes, you can pixel map this in MADRIX. There are different approaches possible. A) You can create a square shape including all pixels. DEpending on the effects, this could produce great results. This will allow you to use a Color Scroll from Left to Right, for example, and on your LEDs it will look like a circle. B) You can rasterize your shape in your mind and set your shape on a grid pixel by pixel. You can use the "Patch" for this (http://help.madrix.com/hidd_preferences_patch.html)

2. You don't have to use it as 1 fixture. You can individually set each pixel with its own DMX address (DMX channel and DMX universe). That is no problem.
However, I can't tell you much about the technical requirements and restrictions with regards to the way you want to cut them. You will probably also need some LED DMX controllers. This will also depend on the product.

Thank you!
Hessel

Re: New set up

Post by Hessel »

Thank you for your respond. It's all very clear. The link to the help manual most certainly will help. I understand the pixelmapping and the way madrix works much better now. I also send Inventdesign a email for more information.

Greetings, Hessel