Audio source not detected by Madrix

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

cyberstalker292

Audio source not detected by Madrix

Post by cyberstalker292 »

I'm getting my feet wet wet the demo (very nice) but Madrix doesn't see my audio device. It's just a simple realtek onboard sound card I want it to listen to... and it's not on the drop down list under preference/device manager/audio input. It sees my microphone, my webcam, and the spdif output but not the audio card.

Am I doing something wrong?
I don't have to get a sound blaster card do I?

Thanks
cyberstalker292

Re: Audio source not detected by Madrix

I updated all my drivers and still no realtek soundcard on the dropdown.
I defaulted Madrix to my usb Microphone and sure enough that works. Got some flashes of light on the screen (exciting).

Now just gotta get the soundcard to work (it works with everything else).
Is there a list of compatible soundcards (similar to the approved DMX interface list)?
The Youtube video of Madrix/LOR shows Realtek working with Madrix 2.0 this wouldn't be any different would it?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello cyberstalker292,
MADRIX can only find audio devices which are installed and enabled in "Windows".
Please have a look to the recording device settings in the control panel of "Windows". If your desired option is diabled please enable it and restart MADRIX. In the following link you can learn more about the audio configuration in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... ation.html
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
cyberstalker292

Thank you for the link.

I don't understand how it doesn't show up in Madrix (it shows up in Windows, it's enabled, and music/games work great with it).

I'm guessing that because it's an on-board sound card Madrix just doesn't like it. I'll buy a sound blaster card and see if Madrix likes that (the link talks about Madrix liking ASIO compatible cards, so I'll try that).
cyberstalker292

Just as an update: Madrix liked the new SoundBlaster card.
It also liked the DMXKing box.

Now to see what Madrix can do! :P