Touch OSC / Midi Feedback

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

CraftLighting

Touch OSC / Midi Feedback

Post by CraftLighting »

Hello,

I saw an OLD post regarding this issue but can't find any advice since 3.x if this issue has been solved.

I am working on a custom Touch OSC interface for a client on an ipad via the Touch OSC midi bridge. The remote is doing basically everything that I need it to but my issue has to do with the lack of 'feedback' to the remote.

Example: if I move a value in Madrix, that change is not reflected on the mapped fader on my OSC remote. Furthermore, the value snaps to the previously held value on the OSC remote when I go back to the OSC remote. The final facet is even within the OSC remote, if I have 2 faders on 2 pages that are both controlling the same item (lets say grand master) a change on one page is not reflected on the other page.

Not sure if this is a Madrix issue, OSC or a combo. I've had OSC working with proper feedback in other instances with other software/hardware but am pulling my hair out trying to solve it in this case.

Thank you kindly,

CL
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Touch OSC / Midi Feedback

Post by Guertler »

Hello CraftLighting,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
You can send the OSC commands via the Touch OSC MIDI bridge to control MADRIX remotely.
But at the moment it is not possible to send feedback commands from MADRIX to the Touch OSC app.
CraftLighting

Post by CraftLighting »

Darn, I feared that was the case. At least it wasn't me being a dunce though! :)

Is a solution to this in the works at all?

Thank you,
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello CraftLighting,
The MIDI feedback is on our todo list. But at the moment I can not say when we can release this feature in MADRIX.